Sunday, May 10, 2009

Back from Kona

So I got back from Kona today! Had a nice time spending Mother's day with the H-Town & K-Town sides of the fam. It's been awhile since I've gotten to see them so it was really nice. We stayed at my Grandma's house and I was so disappointed that I forgot to bring my camera! :( Her flower garden was in bloom so I snapped a few shots with my cell cam.

This is a fireball protea blossom. I hand carried the little plant all the way from Maui when we went there when I was little. Now it is a giant bush! And it's popping out these giant orange and red blooms... (:






















And here's som pretty purple flowers. There were these beautiful yellow orchids (I love orchids!) but again, I didn't have my camera :'(





















And what would a trip to Kona be without some shopping? We only went to K-Mart and Costco since it was a short trip. I bought these cucumber slice shaped eye treatment gels for only $4. I think here they were like $8. They're just so cute (: Also picked up a couple things for the hubby. And at Costco I snagged a two pack of Neutrogena's Healthy Defense daily moisturizer spf 45 for only $16! Their cream I normally use is $13 for just one tube. So I'll bo looking forward to trying this out soon. It protects against both UVB and UVA rays, so it's somewhat equivilant to products that contain PA.
















Anyways, now that the weekend is over, it's back to school for me :( But we only have around 20 more days of actual school left! So excited for that. And college classes are over so that's a plus too (; And as for things I'm looking forward to, I'm hoping to take my kitten home tomorrow and score our old car back. It has a lot of meaning to us so I'm hoping I can get it, even though it'll be like the 3rd time we've had it -_-;;

No comments :

Post a Comment

If you have any questions, comments, or feedback, feel free to drop me a line and I'll get back to you asap :)