Sunday, June 28, 2009

The Body Shop lipbalm review

I've put this review off for quite some time lol... I got 2 lip balms from The Body Shop when I went to Oahu since I tried it once and I really liked it. These are on the top of my list of favorite lipgloss/balms.

BORN LIPPY PINK GUAVA LIP BALM

Price: $8 (available at http://www.thebodyshop-usa.com/)

Product description: Best if you want to - Add moisture and gloss while leaving lips soft and smooth with the delicious, fruity taste of pink guava. Best for - all skin types. How it works - Community Trade organic beeswax from Zambia helps moisturize and condition lips. Lanolin, one of nature's richest moisturizers, is readily absorbed by the skin. Community Trade organic beeswax moisturizes and conditions lips, while acting as a barrier that helps seal in moisture.

Ingredients: Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Lanolin, Polyglyceryl-3 Beeswax, Flavor, Beeswax, Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Silica, Tocopheryl Acetate, Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Seed Oil, Ammonium Glycyrrhizate, Psidium Guajava (Guava) Fruit Extract, Tocopherol, Titanium Dioxide, Red 21 Lake, Yellow 5 Lake, Red 7 Lake.

The good stuff :)

  • Smells great!
  • Super moisturizing and hydrating
  • Goes on smooth and keeps lips soft
  • Super sheer soft pink tint with lots of shine

The low-down :(

  • A bit pricey for the amount :(

My take: I love everything about this lip balm. The smell, the feel, the appearance, everything! I use it at night mainly to keep my lips hydrated.

SATSUMA SHIMMER LIP BALM

Price: $8 (available at http://www.thebodyshop-usa.com/)

Product description: A hint of shimmer and a splash of zest for a can't-resist pout. With Community Trade beeswax from Zambia.

Ingredients: Ricinus Communis (Castor Seed) Oil, Lanolin, Polyglyceryl-3 Beeswax, Beeswax, Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Flavor, Limonene, Silica, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Oil, Tocopheryl Acetate, Ammonium Glycyrrhizate, Citral, Citrus Reticulata (Satsuma) Oil, Tocopherol, Linalool, Citronellol, Geraniol, Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Yellow 5 Lake, Iron Oxides, Red 7 Lake.

The good stuff :)

  • Summery sweet tangerine-citrus scent
  • Super sheer orange shade with a hint of shimmer & lots of shine
  • Goes on smooth and keeps lips soft
  • Moisturizing and hydrating

The low-down :(

  • None besides the price.
My take: I feel the same way about this one as the Guava one. Love it and it looks/smells great! I love The Body Shop lipbalms for their natural and eco-friendly ingredients and just the fact that they work so well. I just wish it wasn't $8 per tiny tub :( Sorry I have no swatches!




6 comments :

  1. MMM ... Guava lip balms! I love my Korres Guava lip butter :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've always been interested in The Body Shop lip balms but I never knew if it was worth the $8. Thanks for the reviews!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sedu huh? I don't think I've ever heard of them before. I'll go check that out. Thanks for the tip! :) The Conair Wet/Dry straighteners are awesome...but my sister stole mine. :( haha

    ReplyDelete
  4. You know, I've always wanted to try their lip balms, but have just been too afraid to because of the price. =/ That's like their major down fall

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh yeah, that's another thing, I don't like lip balms that are in tubs becuase the product gets under my finger nail =/

    But I got your email, thank you~! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. those TBS lip balms are cheaper here in Malaysia, I think. How weird! Maybe I just got a different one. My fave is the Mint and it came up to (after conversion) 5 USD :-/

    ReplyDelete

If you have any questions, comments, or feedback, feel free to drop me a line and I'll get back to you asap :)