Friday, June 19, 2009

EDM Natural lipgloss overview

So this is a bit overdue, but here's a quick overview on the other 3 lipglosses I ordered from Everyday Minerals.






















From left-right:
Siesta, English muffin, Lemon spice.






















Siesta is a natural peachy/coral color that goes on sheer.
English muffin is a natural light taupe color that goes on sheer.
Lemon spice is a clear gloss and smells like, well, lemon and spice :P






















So far, EDM lipglosses are pretty much the highest on my list of favorite lip products. As for the good and not-so-good points,

PROS:
  • Sheer but buildable color
  • High shine
  • Moisturizing
  • Natural ingredients
  • Long-wearing

CONS:

  • Limited variety of shades
  • Doesn't smell/taste good
  • The colored glosses dry out when not used.

Okay, so I'm not sure if it's just my batch that does this, but the colored lipglosses that I got (Siesta & English muffin) dry out when left closed and not in use. I had to warm it up and rub it on my hand or a tissue a few times to get the gloss to be smooth and to apply smoothly.

The Lemon spice one however, is always smooth and glides on effortlessly. This isn't a huge problem for me though, just a bit weird :/ The color and texture of the colored glosses are still the same though once they are warmed up.

Sorry I don't have any swatches on actual lips :(


8 comments :

  1. I had ordered the Lemon Spice one and I didnt like it, at all!! I dont know what it was about it (besides it not smelling/tasting good) that I just didnt like.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ Marie: I can't get to your blogger to comment you back :( It says it's not public yet lol. Oo ya at first I didn't like the smell but I guess I got used to it. I just really like how moisturizing and shiny it is. Maybe different batches smell/taste diff?

    ReplyDelete
  3. omg! they made lipglosses?! gotta check those out! i love mineral makeup! =]

    ReplyDelete
  4. mmmm ... Lemon Spice sounds yummmmmy

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow that looks fantastic, I've always liked glosses that has tint :) thanks

    ReplyDelete
  6. OoOo I like those! Especially the Siesta and English Muffin. :)

    Yeah, I can't believe some people. Such jerks huh? Pshh. >:(

    ReplyDelete
  7. hehe i was also suspect about the combo, but i had a similar salad at this really good italian restuarant, and the flavors really taste good together, although some people might find arugula bitter (baby argula isn't as bitter).


    ahh i love natural stuff!!! these look great =). what does it smell like? just regular?

    ReplyDelete
  8. The colors look great but it dries out? Hmmm thats not good then

    ReplyDelete

If you have any questions, comments, or feedback, feel free to drop me a line and I'll get back to you asap :)