Tuesday, June 30, 2009

NYX round lipstick review

Another overdue review lol. Picked up 3 NYX round lipstick's at DonKi (Don Quijote) in Oahu for only 99 cents yay :D Gave two to my mom and kept one in "Pecan Pie." I lovelovelove NYX lipstick (and I am NOT a lipstick user). However, I haven't even attempted to order lipstick from their website since their swatches are NOTHING like the actual color :/ I got B52 for my mom online and the color looks absolutely nothing like the swatch blehhh.

NYX Round Lipstick

Price (online): $3.50

What they say: This is a velvet textured lip cream that covers with rich colors while moisturizing your lips with each application.

Ingredients: Ceresin Wax, Polyethlene Wax, Microcrystalline Wax, Beeswax, Lanoline Oil, Isopropyl Myristate, Mineral Oils, Octyl Palmitate, BHA, Propyl Paraben, Mica, Titanium Dioxide, D&C Red No.A1 Lake, Pearl Powder, Iron Oxide.

The good stuff:
  • Relatively inexpensive
  • Smooth and moisturizing NOT sticky
  • Glides on effortlessly
  • Doesn't dry out my lips
  • Rich, pigmented shades
  • Pretty long-lasting
  • Cruelty free

The low-down:

  • I doubt I'll ever find them for 99 cents again! :(
  • Did settle into my lip lines a bit.

My take: The Pecan Pie shade does this LOVELY nude lip for me... I just LOVE it :D And it goes well with my hair color now lol. Like I mentioned all the good points, I barely have anything bad to say about their lipstick besides that it did settle into my lip lines after a few hours and didn't last all day, but a relatively long time without becoming dry. The color is so rich that I use my Avon rollerball gloss over it to tone it down a bit... makes it the perfect shade. This lipstick is definitely worth it - if only NYX's swatches were more accurate!

Everyday nude lip
Base: EDM Natural lipgloss in Lemon Spice
Lipstick: NYX round lipstick in Pecan pie
Lipgloss: Avon Colortrend rollerball lipgloss in Watermelon




























SWATCHES!









































5 comments :

  1. Pretty! I find NYX Lipsticks here for 99 cents.
    I'm NYX Rep and that's better than my discount. lol Yea the swatches do tend to suck.

    I search on google for swatches! You should try that instead.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE NYX lipstick! They last forever! Haha. I wish I had found these when they were $.99

    ReplyDelete
  3. 99 cent lipsticks that work well with your lips?! Thats Heaven :) Glad you love Pecan Pie

    ReplyDelete
  4. the colors are lovely! and the one your wearing looks very nice on you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The lipstick swatches are really pretty =D. Perhaps I should get some now xD. Just came across your blog today and I really like it so far. You have a lot of nice posts in the "Useful" quick links section! Will continue to explore your prev posts haha.

    ReplyDelete

If you have any questions, comments, or feedback, feel free to drop me a line and I'll get back to you asap :)