Monday, November 30, 2009

Queen Helene Grape Seed Extract Peel Off Masque review

Price: $3.99 from drugstore.com

What they say: Clogged pores can make skin appear older. Grape Seed Extract contains a powerful antioxidant similar to that contained in Pycnogenol, a natural skin purifier that will help clean and refine your skin. Within minutes after application, Grape Seed Masque dries to a peelable film that lifts and draws out impurities from the pores. After the peel, the masque will reveal cleaner, revitalized younger looking skin. No animal testing. No animal ingredients.

What to do: Gently spread an even generous amount of Grape Seed Extract Peel Off Masque onto clean face and neck, avoiding eyes, brows and hairline. After 10 minutes, start at the jaw line and peel off in an upward motion. Remove any excess masque with warm water and pat dry. For best results, repeat twice each week.

What's in it: Water, Alcohol Denatured, Polyvinyl Alcohol, Propylene Glycol, PEG 75, Grapeseed Extract, Glycerin, PPG 12 PEG 65 Lanolin Oil, Benzophenone 4, Disodium EDTA, Diazolidinyl Urea, Fragrance, Ext D&C Violet 2, D&C Red 33

The good stuff:

  • I like the initial scent
  • Fun to remove.. to me at least XD
  • Left skin feeling smoother
The low-down:
  • Strong alcohol after-scent, burns eyes :(
  • A little hard to apply, it's "goopy" thick & sticky
  • Didn't leave my skin looking exceptionally different

My take: this is an OKAY mask. The best part to me was peeling it off XD It does smell grapey but after you start putting it on, it has a really strong alcohol scent that made my eyes burn/water. But it goes away... It's kind of hard to get an even application, as it's really goopy and sticky. So some parts may dry faster than others. After removal, my skin was softer, but it didn't really look any different.

Would I repurchase: No.























First applied.

































Dried. I won't make explicit sexual references this time.. HAHA




























Peeling off:




























LOL Pretty cool :P






















Skin after:






























4 comments :

  1. Yeah even for me peel off masks are hit or miss. I've yet to find a really good one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow so many reviews!
    The film looks so thin when dried! Did it draw out the impurities like it said it would? lol

    Ahh peel off anything hurts! I couldn't even handle it when I tried nose strips for the first time >__<

    Thank you for the review!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. nice review, I love masks that peel too hehe it just feels like you are peeling off and revealing brand new skin

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hee hee...I agree that peel off masks can be fun. :) But sorry to hear about the strong alcohol smell.

    ReplyDelete

If you have any questions, comments, or feedback, feel free to drop me a line and I'll get back to you asap :)