Monday, November 30, 2009

Queen Helene Mud Pack Masque review

Price: $3.99 from drugstore.com

What they say: The Original Mud Pack Masque with Natural English Clay. Mud Pack Masque is the original old-fashioned, time-tested earth facial treatment with imported natural English clay, that will work wonders for your skin. It's a very effective pore cleanser. It helps tighten loose, sagging skin on your face and neck and relaxes tired face muscles to soften lines and wrinkles. Enjoy a Mud Pack Masque facial as a "pick-me-up" when you feel tired, when you're preparing to go out for the evening or before going to bed. Your skin will have a clearer, smoother, youthful looking complexion. No animal testing. No animal ingredients.

What to do: Cleanse your face and neck thoroughly. Apply Mud Pack Masque generously and wait about 15 minutes to allow masque to harden. Remove with warm water and a washcloth.

What's in it: Water, Kaolin, Bentonite, Glycerin, Zinc Oxide, Propylene Glycol, Iron Oxides (CI#77492), Fragrance, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben

The good stuff:

  • Inexpensive
  • Lots of product
  • Smooth texture
  • Easy to apply & remove
  • Cooling, soothing
  • Made my skin look GREAT!!!

The low-down:

Uh... none?

My take: I LOVE THIS MASK. It worked wonders for my skin. I prefer it over the Mint Julep mask as that one is thick and sticky, more difficult to smear on; this one has a more fluid thick texture and is much easier to smooth on. It dries quickly and has a nice cooling feeling, not harsh at all. The smell may be a little bothersome, but I think it's tolerable. The best part was seeing my skin after removing the mask... OMG my skin looks freaking fabulous. Extremely soft, smooth & radiant. Reduced pores, tightened skin. LOVE!

Would I repurchase: Yes!

























Dried:































Skin after: Uhmmm, LOVE?!



























10 comments :

  1. Thanks for the review!
    Is this a type of masque that would help remove like blackheads/whiteheads?
    Makes me want to go buy it tomorrow! ^__^

    ReplyDelete
  2. Erynn, your skin looks soooo nice! :) I've only tried the Mint Julep mask and didn't care much for it so thank you for the deets on this one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OoOo! This sounds great! I should send you some Aztec Secret Indian Healing Clay for you to try too! :) I looove it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow u make me wanna try this!hehehe
    yeah does this remove whiteheads?hehe

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice review! I always hear good things about the Queen Helene brand, never tried it myself yet though!

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow this stuff sounds great, definitely have to get this next time I order from drugstore.com, my local drug store never seems to have a good variety of Queen Helene products!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, nice!

    I'll have to see if they have it in any stores around here.

    ReplyDelete
  8. ognos... i have 2 brand new tubes of the mint julep mask but now i want this...

    ReplyDelete
  9. you have insanely gorgeous skin! I'm so jealous >.< Gosh. I think I'll be getting this masque over the mint julep one. thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh my goodness your skin looks so beautiful!!! :)

    ReplyDelete

If you have any questions, comments, or feedback, feel free to drop me a line and I'll get back to you asap :)