Tuesday, December 29, 2009

DHC Lip Cream & Moisture Care lip gloss review + swatches






















DHC Moisture Care Lip gloss - Pink

Price: $4.50 (clearance)

What they say: Plump it up. These pout-perfectors make your lips appear fuller with moisturizing and plumping ingredients, including hyaluronic acid, olive oil, and collagen. Use these transparent, glistening hues on bare lips for a soft, shiny look or try them over your favorite DHC lip colors to amp up the glamour.

What to do: Squeeze the tube and glide evenly over lips. May be used alone or layered with other lip colors.

What's in it: hydrogenated polyisobutene, diisostearyl malate, isotridecyl isononanoate, caprylic/capric triglyceride, olea europaea (olive) fruit oil, isostearic acid, tocopherol, phenoxyethanol, sorbitan isostearate, ethylhexyl palmitate, stearyl glycyrrhetinate, tribehenin, isostearoyl hydrolyzed collagen, ascorbyl tetraisopalmitate, silica, palmitoyl oligopeptide, sodium hyaluronate, silica silylate (LGA02-LGA06), phenyl trimethicone (LGA02-LGA06), polyglyceryl-2 triisostearate (LGA02-LGA06), alumina (LGA02-LGA06), stearic acid (LGA02-LGA06), polyglyceryl-2 isostearate (LGA02-LGA06), hydrogenated castor oi (LGA02-LGA06)l,barium sulfate (LGA02-LGA06) May contain: titanium dioxide, yellow 6, yellow 5, iron oxides, red 7, red 6

The good stuff:

  • Inexpensive
  • Cute packaging
  • Glossy & shiny
  • Moisturizing

The low-down:

  • Color is super sheer, basically clear

My take: While this gloss is pretty and shiny, it is so sheer that it basically goes on clear on my lips. I didn't really notice any plumping (not that I need it) and there is not much of a smell/taste. It's just a really cute shiny clear gloss. Would I repurchase: No.

DHC Lip Cream

Price: $7.50

What they say: Lip service. Free radical neutralizers in olive oil and vitamin E defend against feather line creators and collagen deflators. Lips receive long-lasting moisture, look less rough, and feel undeniably more luscious.

What to do: Glide evenly over lips.

What's in it: lanolin oil, caprylic/capric triglyceride, euphorbia cerifera (candelilla) wax/candelilla cera/cire de candelilla, lanolin, beeswax/cera alba/cire d’abeille, stearic acid, olea europaea (olive) fruit oil, squalane, pentylene glycol, panax ginseng root extract, aloe barbadensis leaf extract, tocopherol, phenoxyethanol, stearyl glycyrrhetinate

The good stuff:

  • Relatively inexpensive
  • Nice packaging
  • Super moisturizing/hydrating
  • Makes lips soft & smooth
  • Glossy sheen
  • GREAT as a lip primer

The low-down:

  • The smell/taste is definitely not "good" but it's not "terrible" either.


DHC Lip Cream, NYX Round Lipstick - Orange Soda

My take: This is my new HG lip balm! I love this product. It pretty much does everything it says it will. I have horrible issues w/ my lips being dry, peeling, and flakey --which is why I rarely can wear lipstick-- and this solves it all! I could never wear creamy color because my lip lines and dryness just gets highlighted and it's gross! But this fills in lip lines and keeps flakiness and dryness at bay, making a perfect smooth canvas for layering lipcolor.

I've tried a bunch of different lipbalms, drug & department store, but this has worked the best for me so far. Alone, it is a nice glossy balm that is very moisturizing and soothing. The only thing that may bug some people is the taste/smell, like I mentioned, it's not good (def. not sweet or tasty) but it's not intolerable (like old lipstick) either. Once you apply it, you forget about it though.

Would I repurchase: YES! If you have dry flaky lips too, I would highly reccommend this!


Here's some swatches...
to show just how ecstatic I am about this product. Lip lines completely erased, even with creamy opaque color like NYX lipsticks.

DHC Lip Cream, NYX Round Lipstick - Orange Soda & Circe









DHC Lip Cream, NYX Round Lipstick - Orange Soada, Shu Uemura Rouge Unlimited - Jupiter Brown








DHC Lip Cream, NYX Round Lipstick Orange Soda & Circe, F21 Vial Lipgloss - Rose









Oh, I'm loving my NYX Orange Soda lately ^^ ♥




15 comments :

  1. cool. If possible, would u mind to swatch your upcoming items using a better lightning?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your lips look very smooth and moisturized :)
    Seems like a good product :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That NYX Orange Soda really looks good on you! Good to know the DHC Lippies are nothing spectacular! LOL! Thanks for sharing Erynn! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are very much welcome love!. I got excited to blog once I seen my layout!. You can use the picture's whenever you want. And btw what in the world is taaz lol?. Dsk sent me falsie's when I made a purchase and I had no idea how to put them on! I ended up damaging the ending part :(. Oh I'm loving the lip gloss!. Thank's for the review!! :D I have flakyish lip's and sometime's I end up peeling the skin off...I think that's dead skin right?.

    ReplyDelete
  5. ooh i really want the lip cream now it sounds great! as for the gloss i will probably pass since i have pigmented lips so sheer glosses won't show up!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the orange shades on you lippies! beautiful...

    Happy nye!

    You are featured on my latest post:
    http://notesfromthetoothfairy.blogspot.com/2009/12/ultimate-awesome-bloggers-top-100.html

    Loves

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the shades of the lip sticks! Also somethin that stoof out was your nails ... they look gorgeous! Sooo cute!

    Fab blog ... gonna follow!

    Love it if you could follow me ?? ?? xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. the lip color is lovely, but i think im more crazy about the nails!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I totally want the DHC Lip Cream now!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I heard good review on that lip cream :D glad it was worth getting ;3 I heart DHC but some stuff is not def not that good LOL :/

    ReplyDelete
  11. I tried the taaz site but it freeze's on me so I gave up trying it. The site is cool though how they get it to what you want to exactly change done. I shall try my attempt again!. lol.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ooh girl, you are on a lippie kick aren't you? Sooo jealous! XD Love your new goodies!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. gorgeous lips! I've heard quite a bit of Orange Soda. Thinking that I need to add that to my NYX round lipstick collection

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have terribly dry flaky chapped lips like 95% of the time! It started when I got braces but then my lips never got UNCHAPPED! :( I will try this out also if I order from DHC! I really, really, REALLY need this! haha xD Okay, enough about my gross lips :X

    ReplyDelete

If you have any questions, comments, or feedback, feel free to drop me a line and I'll get back to you asap :)