Thursday, May 27, 2010

Review: Wet N Wild Mega Eyes Creme Eyeliner


How it looks on my eyes:
So intensely pigmented!


Price: I got mine from K-Mart for $5.64 or so... online I've seen it from around $2-6.


What they say:


What's in it: Isododecane, Cyclopentasiloxane, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Polyethylene, Polysilicone-6, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Propylene Carbonate, Phenoxyethanol, Fragrance, Lecithin, Methylparaben, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Butylphenyl, Methylpropional, Hydroxyisohexyl 3-Cyclohexene Carboxaldehyde, Benzyl Salicylate, Hydroxycitronellal, Linalool, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, Coumarin. [(May Contain): Mica, Black 2/CI 77266, Blue 1 Lake/CI 42090, Carmine/CI 75470, Ferric Ferrocyanide/CI 77510, Iron Oxides/CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499, Titanium Dioxide/CI 77891, Ultramarines/CI 77007].

The good stuff:
  • Inexpensive
  • Nice packaging
  • Comes with a mini angled eyeliner brush
  • Intensely pigmented
  • Applies super smoothly
  • Lasting power is phenomenal!
  • Fading/smudging/smearing is virtually non-existent!

The low-down:

  • The eyeliner brush was a little bulky for me
  • A bit hard to remove

My take: THIS PRODUCT IS A GEM. I have been waiting so long to get my hands on it! I mentioned this before, but nowhere on my side of the island sells Wet N Wild anymore. How whack is that?! So the only place I know of to get any is on the other side of the island -_-; But I go there pretty often so it's not that bad. Anywho, I'm thrilled that I finally have this eyeliner!!!

I've been wanting to try creme/gel liners for awhile now, but I was always skeptical of the ease of application and staying power. However, I am glad to report that this eyeliner is THE SHIT. I have it in Black, and I managed to nab the last one that K-Mart had in stock. So I'm guessing that all the hype about this product must be justified -- there were like 346571615 "Eggplant" ones, but only ONE more black one!


The jar is cute, a little big for the amount of product inside, but still cute. It also comes with a mini angled eyeliner brush, but honestly, I found it to be a little too bulky to use on my eyes. No biggie, I use my Sephora angled eyeliner brush and it's all G. I thought it would be kind of difficult to apply creme eyeliner for some reason, but I actually didn't have a hard time at all. It goes on super smooth, no pulling or tugging. The pigmentation is AWESOME. Even a little bit can get you a solid black line.

Swatches:



Like I mentioned, lasting power is PHENOMENAL. I have not yet come across an eyeliner that lasts on me all day. Until now. This liner stays put and doesn't budge on my lashline AND waterline, all day! It does smudge a teeny bit on the outer corner of my eyes after a few hours, but I have yet to find an eyeliner that doesn't, so it's no biggie. The main thing is that it stays on my waterline! This liner has currently replaced my old HG Rimmel Exaggerate (which I now only use for tightlining).


After ONE swipe of makeup remover cloth = WOW?!

After vigorous scrubbing = HOLY CRAP?!


Because the staying power is so great, it does take awhile to remove this liner (check out the pics above!) I use my staple Epielle wipes to remove all my makeup, and they do the job on this liner too. I just use a "press, hold, wipe, repeat" method until it all comes off.

Would I repurchase/recommend?: Yes, I would definitely repurchase this product, but since such a little goes a long way, I don't see myself needing to repurchase for a long time. I also would highly recommend this product to those who are new to creme liners like me and want to try something out that isn't gonna kill your wallet AND works great!



No comments :

Post a Comment

If you have any questions, comments, or feedback, feel free to drop me a line and I'll get back to you asap :)