Friday, June 11, 2010

EOTD - Turquoise & Taupe (an inspired look)

Hello loves! For some reason I felt like playing around with some color today... and Idk if it's obvious by now but my fav color to play around with is this turquoise color. Turquoise actually used to be my favorite color before pink & lime green : )

Anywho, this EOTD is inspired by a look done by one of my absolute fav beauty bloggers, Tina of Tina Marie Online! All her eye looks are always so amazing and gorgeous but this was one of my favorites. Obviously, I don't have the same eye shape, eyeshadow shades, or amazing skills as she does; so I didn't follow the look entirely :P Had to tailor it to fit my eye shape... I put the darkest shade on the inner corner of my eye instead and soften it towards the outer corner.


[image from Tina Marie Online]


Too bad, I wish the purple showed up more.


What I used:


What else did I use?
FACE
  • Skin MD Natural Shielding Lotion
  • EDM Pressed Powder - Light
  • MAC MSF Natural - Medium
  • Maybelline Dream Mousse Concealer - Medium
  • MAC Powder Blush - Style
  • MAC Marine Life High-Light Powder
EYES
  • Physician's Formula Brow Pencil - Dark Brown
  • DHC Eyebrow Perfect Powder - Brown
  • Rimmel Exaggerate eyeliner to tightline
  • Wet N Wild Mega Eyes Creme Eyeliner - Black to line lashline & waterline
LIPS
  • Burt's Bees Pomegranate Repleneshing lip balm
  • Wet N Wild Mega Last Lip color - Pink Suga
  • Revlon Super Lustrous Lipgloss - Life's a Peach
  • YSL Golden Gloss - Golden Peony


I also hauled a little from Walmart today. Originally, I was looking for Revlon's latest Super Lustrous lipglosses in Lilac Pastelle, Coral Reef, and Peach Petal. But we don't have those apparently :( So I bought some skincare stuff instead:

St. Ives Natural Clear Green Tea Cleanser &
Neutrogena Eye Makeup Remover Lotion.


I hope the St. Ives works out for me. It is supposed to clear breakouts AND reduce redness. The last Neutrogena redness-reducing scrub that I tried unfortunately didn't work out for me because of the menthol in it. This product contains Menthyl Lactate; which is a derivative of menthol which is supposed to be less harsh. Hope it doesn't irritate my skin!

I was originally going to get good 'ol cold cream, but I came across the Neutrogena eye makeup remover and decided to try that out instead. Will test it out tonight... hope it works too! Will review soon.
Happy Friday, everyone!

No comments :

Post a Comment

If you have any questions, comments, or feedback, feel free to drop me a line and I'll get back to you asap :)