Thursday, June 10, 2010

EOTD/FOTD feat. ELF "Day 2 Night" & some purples... and some gold & blue :P

Hello loves! I wanted to do this EOTD to illustrate what I meant in my previous ELF Mineral Primer VS UDPP post about the ELF Primer being better for simple eye looks / neutral shades. While the ELF Primer works well if you're using say, a single shade of brown; it doesn't work as well if you're using multiple colors that you want to show up bold... as you will see below.

I used ELF's Brightening Eyeshadow quad in "Day 2 Night." When I first swatched this quad, the shadows showed up nicely and weren't too powdery. However, since then, they seem to have lost their original pigmentation and became more powdery with less staying powder. So I decided I'd use them in combination with the primer. But like I mentioned in the review, the "effectiveness" of the primer lessens the longer you let it sit. So after 2 minutes or so, the shadow doesn't adhere as well to the primer. Still, I'd say it does the job decently enough for only $3.

I threw in some purple, gold, and blue from my Sephora Collector's Edition palette as well. As you can see, the purple especially is not very vibrant and didn't adhere very well to the primer, since it was the last shade I added; and by then, the primer was not as effective. A problem I'm sure I wouldn't have with UDPP.


More pics of the look:

(flash... a bit washed out)

(no flash... closest to how it looked IRL)

(sunlight... this one turned out strangely bold for some reason)

The full look.
Please excuse my disgusting un-flatironed hair -_-;




Products used:
FACE
  • Skin MD Natural Shielding Lotion
  • Maybelline Dream Mousse Concealer - Medium
  • EDM Pressed Powder - Light
  • MAC Powder Blush - Style
EYES
  • Physician's Formula Brow Pencil - Dark Brown
  • DHC Brow Perfect Powder - Brown
  • ELF Mineral Eyeshadow Primer
  • ELF Brightening Eyeshadow quad - Day 2 Night
  • Sephora Collector's Edition Palette
    - Purple shades
    - Gold shade
    - Blue cream eyeliner
  • Wet N Wild Mega Eyes Creme Eyeliner - Black to line lashline, waterline, and "wing"
  • L'Oreal Lineur Intense - Black Mica to line lashline
  • Rimmel Exaggerate eyeliner to tightline
LIPS
  • EOS Lip balm - Summer Fruit
  • Wet N Wild Mega last Lip color - Pink Suga
  • Revlon Super Lustrous Lipglos - Life's a peach

No comments :

Post a Comment

If you have any questions, comments, or feedback, feel free to drop me a line and I'll get back to you asap :)