Friday, June 25, 2010

EOTD/FOTD: Purple Pop + Lilac Blush ♥

Hello loves! In my previous post, I talked about how I picked up MAC's Cremesheen lipstick in "Ravishing." So today I wanted to do a look paired with that lipstick and I decided on using purples, just for a fun & bright look.

Here's what I ended up with:









What I used:

(Sephora Collector's Edition Palette)

What else did I use?

FACE

  • Skin MD Natural Shielding Lotion
  • Maybelline Dream Mousse concealer - Medium
  • Sana "Crocodile" concealer as eye primer
  • EDM Pressed Powder - Light
  • Lilac blush from Sephora Collector's Edition Palette

EYES

  • Physician's Formula Brow Pencil - Dark Brown
  • DHC Eyebrow Perfect Powder - Brown
  • Wet N Wild Mega Eyes Creme Eyeliner - Black, to line lashline & waterline

LIPS

  • EOS Sphere Lip balm - Summer Fruit
  • DHC Rose Beauty Q10 Eye Zone Retouch as lip concealer/primer
  • MAC Cremesheen Lipstick - Ravishing

Did I say LILAC blush?
Yes, I did : )

Since I did purple eyes, I was just thinking about a look I saw in Seventeen (hey, I like that magazine... they have good beauty sections! :P) that suggested lilac cheeks for "an unexpectedly romantic pop of color." You could either use lilac blush or lilac eyeshadow if you didn't have any. And of course, why would I have lilac blush?! So I figured I would have to use eyeshadow. But upon fully opening my Sephora Collector's Edition Palette, I discovered that I actually DO have a soft lilac blush! :D

(it's a little lighter than in the picture though)


On skin, it's pink w/ a lilac undertone.

On cheeks, it's an interesting, fresh, pop of lilac-y pink.
Applied it a little heavier here so you get a better idea of the shade:



Overall, lilac blush is something I want to look into now! I think it's fun and unique... yet soft and pretty. Since it came out quite bold with this already-bright look, I could see myself wearing this blush with softer eyes and a nude lip to balance out the color better. I love it though! Will definitely try out more looks with this blush.

No comments :

Post a Comment

If you have any questions, comments, or feedback, feel free to drop me a line and I'll get back to you asap :)