Saturday, March 10, 2012

Review & Swatches: Maybelline Dream Nude Airfoam Foundation in Nude

After seeing the commercials for Revlon Photoready Airbrush and this foundation, I decided to try both! First up is a review on the Maybelline Dream Nude Airfoam:


I got the shade "Nude"

Price: $8.99 from Target

What they say:

Why You'll Love It

• Lightweight foam foundation
• Releases refined pigments pre-dispersed in air for effortless application and 100% nude perfection.
• SPF 16
• Ideal for normal skin
• Doesn’t clog pores
• Dermatologist, allergy tested

For Best Results

  • Before first application, practice using the dispenser by shaking the can and applying a small amount of product to a tissue.
  • Shake can well before use and remove cap. Hold can upright and press lightly to dispense a walnut sized amount of product onto back of hand.
  • Take small dabs of product from hand.
  • Apply to face one section at a time, blending with short circular motions.

One full pump actually gives a HUGE glob of product, which shocked me... it covered my entire hand 0_0 but it turned out that even though it looks like A LOT of product, it's really foamy, so it ends up being enough for your entire face.

This is just a tiny pump:


It comes out really full and foamy and airy, but it melts into a liquidy consistency that is easily blendable.

The shade "Nude" turned out to be a tad orange for me, which is really obvious on my inner wrists, which are a lot paler than my face lol:


On my face, it was easy to smooth and blend onto my skin. I used ELF's makeup wedges (my fav). It doesn't look streaky or cakey at all. However, the coverage is pretty sheer. It's buildable, but since the shade was already orangey for me, I didn't try building it up any more.

(Please excuse fresh-out-of-shower / no eye makeup pix LOL)

For some reason though, it wouldn't cover evenly only around my nose.


The good stuff:
  • 12 shades to choose from
  • Foamy lightweight texture
  • Smooth and blendable
  • Natural coverage
  • Slightly dewy finish
  • Smooths out appearance of skin
  • Has SPF
The low-down:
  • The shade "Nude" was too orange for me
  • Coverage is too sheer to hide imperfections/redness
  • Finish wears off after 4+ hours
  • Doesn't hold up against oily skin
My take: I was actually pretty impressed with this foundation. I like the lightweight texture and how it feels. It spreads and blends easily without feeling sticky or looking cakey. The only downsides are that the coverage is sheer, so this is more for people with an even complexion that just want a natural-looking foundation to even out skin tone. My skin has been really bad with breakouts lately, so this foundation does next to nothing to cover up acne/redness; but it does give a nice slightly dewy smooth look to skin. It also doesn't hold up against oilyness. By the middle of the day, my T-zone was visibly shiny. I think when my skin starts settling down, I'll be reaching for this foundation more often.

Would I repurchase/recommend?
I would definitely repurchase this foundation in a different shade since I don't feel like this one matches me 100%. I would recommend this to someone who wants a lightweight foundation with natural coverage. I wouldn't recommend this for anyone who wants a foundation with medium-heavy coverage or who has oily skin.

The Rundown:

Packaging: 5/5
Pump dispenses a lot, but it's actually enough for your whole face.

Product:
4/5
I really like the texture and concept, although the coverage is relatively sheer and doesn't hold up to oily skin.

Price: 4/5
Affordable.

Overall:


[
click here to read about my Review & Rating System ]

No comments :

Post a Comment

If you have any questions, comments, or feedback, feel free to drop me a line and I'll get back to you asap :)