Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Beauty is skin deep, Ugly is to the bone

This is a post I had done awhile ago that had been making its rounds on tumblr, but I figured it would be a good topic to post about on here. I did two versions, one in 2011 and one in 2012. Anywho, this is my take on appearances:

From 2011:



























From 2012:




Both have pretty much the same message: Look how YOU want to look, just stay true to YOURSELF. For one, I really hate seeing/hearing guys saying they like girls with a "natural" look or who wear no makeup. First of all, I'm sure way more guys would be drawn to a girl who was dolled up nicely rather than a girl who just rolled out of bed. Second, when a guy is talking about a girl with a "natural" look, chances are, that "natural" look DID INDEED involve the use of makeup! And if it didn't, well, you can't expect ALL girls to look naturally gorgeous without any help, right?! The main point is; you don't have to make yourself look a certain way just to measure up to anyone else's standards but your own.

I see makeup as an art, and the face as a canvas. You can do incredible things with makeup, and makeup can do incredible things for one's self-esteem. I personally don't feel confident going out in public without wearing makeup, and it is MY choice to make myself up the way I see fit. I don't need to do it to impress or satisfy anyone but myself, because that is how I want to look. So who cares if you wear false lashes, circle lenses, and full-face makeup every day? The only thing that should matter is that YOU feel good about yourself :)

3 comments :

  1. That was awesome. I admire your expression and feel the same way. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. this post is so inspiring<3 we need more strong girls like you. following you now!

    ReplyDelete

If you have any questions, comments, or feedback, feel free to drop me a line and I'll get back to you asap :)