What they say:
BB creams combine skincare + makeup in 1 simple step
8-in-1 Skin Perfector:
• Blurs imperfections
• Evens skin tone
• Protects with SPF 30
• 0% oils and heavy ingredients
What to do: Apply smoothly and evenly to your face and blend with your fingertips.
What's in it: (will update w/ ingredients)
The good stuff:
- Cute squeeze tube packaging
- A little goes a long way
- Smooth and easy to apply
- Not heavy, sticky or tacky feeling
- Dewy finish
- Helps even out skin tone
- Has SPF 30
- Does not cover blemishes
- Does not hold up against oily skin
- Doesn't cover redness very well
- Too sheer to be considered an actual BB cream
- Properties make it more of a tinted moisturizer than a BB cream!!!
• Blurs imperfections -- NO. As mentioned above, I really feel like this product is mainly for people who already have good skin and just want something that will even it out. As shown in my pictures below, this BB cream does NOT cover acne well at all, and it just barely makes a difference over redness.
• Brightens -- NO. This honestly doesn't have any brightening effect on me IMO. On the back of the tube, it says it "adjusts to skin tone" anyway, so why would it brighten? It just matches my skin tone like any other foundation would.
• Evens skin tone -- BARELY. It does have a sheer tint so it helps even things out, but is just too sheer to give a flawless finish.
• Smoothes -- BARELY. It has some smoothing effect, but I think it would only look especially nice if it was applied over already smooth skin.
• Hydrates -- YES. The one thing about this BB cream is that it is really moisturizing. It is actually too moisturizing for my currently-oily skin. It has a really nice dewy fresh finish at first, but throughout the day (if not set with powder), it doesn't hold up to oily skin and gets very shiny.
• Enhances -- BARELY. Again, as mentioned previously, this BB cream isn't for those with uneven skin tone. It will HELP with minimal blemishes/redness but WILL NOT cover them. It offers some smoothing and a dewy finish, but NOT the way that asian BB creams do.
Overall I can use this BB cream if I set it with a loose powder that absorbs oil. Then I can get at least 4 hours of lasting power from this BB cream without it getting oily/fading. However I just don't like the way it looks over my blemishes so I don't find myself reaching for it very often. I think this honestly more of a tinted moisturizer than a BB cream... the name is misleading.
Would I repurchase/recommend?
Cute squeeze tube.
Not exactly what I'd call "BB Cream." Too sheer for my liking, doesn't cover flaws. But good if you have an even complexion and just want to even out skin tone.