Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Recipe: Super Simple Quiche!

Hello loves! I don't know if I've mentioned this before... but... I cannot cook to save my life. You know how some people can cook from the "heart," so to speak? Like where they can just add things without measuring and create a delicious meal? Well, I can't do that. If I don't have detailed step-by-step instructions with specific amounts for every single ingredient; I'm totally lost. The art of frying steak or making stew is beyond me. Unlike my mom; who can just throw stuff in a pot and create delicious soup without even trying. I am a hopeless cook.

However, I think I am at least ALRIGHT at baking. And I damn sure know that I am a fucking PRO at microwave-directions food... and making rice. I make perfect rice every time. LOL :P

So today I figured I would share this super simple recipe for quiche that I made last week. We had some frozen pie crusts, so I made one chocolate pudding pie and had to do something with the other crust. So I browsed the interwebs and found this super simple recipe (sorry, can't remember exactly where I got it).

The end result?
YUM.


Haha, so proud of myself...
I am not TOTALLY useless in the kitchen :P

On to the recipe!

Super Simple Quiche

Ingredients:
  • 1 pre-made pie crust (9 inch)
  • 3 Eggs
  • 1 Cup milk
  • Salt and pepper
  • 1 Cup shredded cheese (I used Cheddar)
  • Fillings: Anything you would put in an omlette; you can put in a quiche.
    You can put as much fillings as you want. I used:
    - Spinach (frozen; make sure to defrost and drain out the water really well)
    - Onions, chopped
    - Mushrooms, sliced
    - Bacon, crumbled

Directions:

  1. Set the oven to 375 degrees F.
  2. You can prebake the crust if you wish (follow the package directions), but it's optional. I didn't prebake. Just keep the frozen crust out so you can toss all your ingredients in it.
  3. Mix together the eggs and milk. Add salt and pepper... as much as you want.
  4. Prepare the fillings.
  5. Layer your fillings into the crust. I put the sliced mushrooms on the bottom, then the bacon, onions, cheese (1/2 cup), then spinach.
  6. Pour egg and milk mixture on top.
  7. Top with the remaining 1/2 cup of cheese.
  8. Place quiche on baking sheet and bake for 30-40 minutes or until the edges are firm and the center has just a hint of movement when shaken. The quiche will continue to cook until served. For a firmer quiche, cook until the entire dish is puffed and solid.

Tips:

  • When baking the crust (if you prebake), cover with foil and fill with dried (uncooked) beans to prevent the crust from puffing up during baking.
  • If the edges of the crust brown before the quiche is done, place foil over the crust to prevent further browning.
  • Make sure any fillings you put in the quiche are drained completely, especially cooked spinach. Squeeze out any liquid or squeeze between paper towels, otherwise the moisture will make the quiche soggy and watery.

Aaand that's it!
Simple deliciousness : ) Enjoy!


No comments :

Post a Comment

If you have any questions, comments, or feedback, feel free to drop me a line and I'll get back to you asap :)