Thursday, April 28, 2011

Review + Swatches: ELF Studio Bronzers - Golden & Warm

Hello loves! Here today to do a review of the 2 ELF Studio Bronzers I recently purchased.

Left:
Golden Bronzer, Right: Warm Bronzer.
Price: $3.00 each from ELF



GOLDEN BRONZER
What they say + Ingredients (click to view larger):

SWATCHES

WARM BRONZER
What they say + Ingredients (click to view larger):

SWATCHES

(this is the Warm Bronzer over ELF's Studio Peachy Keen blush - review coming soon)

MIXED

The good-stuff:

  • Sleek packaging
  • Big mirror
  • Lots of product
  • Both shades are very pretty
  • Soft texture, applies smoothly
  • Sheer but buildable
The low-down:
  • Powdery/messy
  • Pigmentation is average @ first swipe
  • The Golden Bronzer is suuuper shimmery
My take: Overall, I have to say that I really like these bronzers! After always saying how I want my skin to be whiter, I went out on a limb and decided to get these. And I am very pleased with my purchase! Both bronzers give a nice, healthy glow to my skin.

To start out with the cons, this bronzer is messy. It is powdery (not as powdery as the Natural Radiance Blusher- review coming soon) and gets the case all smudgy. Nothing too bothersome though, as it's easy to clean. But because it is powdery, the texture is nice and smooth and applies evenly and easily.
Another thing to note, when I was doing the swatches, I noticed that each individual shade has only "average" pigmentation. The swatches above took about 3-4 times to get the color to show up. That being said, this is NOT a bad thing, because I would rather have a bronzer that is sheer and can be built up for more intensity, versus a bronzer that is really pigmented but super dark and hard to tone down!

As for the blended shades themselves, they show up on me just as you'd expect them to: Warm adds a nice touch of warmth to my skin; a nice healthy glow. And Golden is well... golden! It is suuuper shimmery, so you only need a little bit of this to give a nice, dewy highlight. Too much and you'll end up looking like a disco ball. But this is also good because the product will last longer since you only need a little in one use. Now that I think about it, Golden is a lot more of a highlight powder for me than a bronzer. Well, I still think it would "warm up" lighter skintones rather nicely ;) Warmth just adds a touch of color to my skin and is also great for contouring when I apply more. These products are also multi-purpose IMO, you can use the individual shades as eyeshadow colors or highlight colors!

Would I repurchase/recommend?: I don't see myself repurchasing this anytime soon, but only because there is so much product! It will last me a long time. I would certainly recommend this to anyone who wants to try out some inexpensive, good bronzers. I think Golden might look better on lighter skintones rather than dark, because when I put too much on myself, it starts to look a bit ashy (and I don't think my skin is that tan). I think Warmth would be good for both light and dark skintones because it adds a nice, sunkissed glow. Anyway, if you don't like how it looks as a bronzer on you, you can always make use of it as eyeshadow!


No comments :

Post a Comment

If you have any questions, comments, or feedback, feel free to drop me a line and I'll get back to you asap :)