Wednesday, July 17, 2013

I've made it through 1 week of Figurerobics!

For anyone following my fitness/health-improvement journey, I started doing Figurerobics one week ago. What is Figurerobics you ask? It is a workout routine developed by 46 year old Korean mom of 2, Jung Da Yeon. And she looks pretty much half her age. This is a huge motivation for me, as I would like to age gracefully! *cries* Figurerobics is geared towards Asian bodies, for slimming and toning, rather than muscle/curve-building.  This is perfect for me because I'm not looking to build muscle, get abs, etc. I just want to be trim, with a flat stomach and toned arms/legs.

I have been doing this workout for the past week:



And today I have also added in this workout:



What I like about Figurerobics is that it's simple! You don't need to go to the gym to do it. I do it right in my house. You don't need any special equipment either. I didn't have dumbbells for the 2nd routine so I just used food cans. It's easy to follow along with their movements. AND you will sweat and feel the burn!! I am in the "extremely out of shape" category so I would classify this workout as "brutal" in my book :P Well, it started out that way, at least. At the end of this week I definitely have less of a struggle getting through the entire routine. Today I was able to do the above TWO 30 minute workouts! That is an accomplishment for me lol XD

I've also been trying hard to eat healthier. I cut out rice from my diet (or only minimal portions once in a great while), drink more water, and don't snack throughout the day like I used to. I don't have a scale, so I'm not actually sure if I'm losing weight. But today I found out I could finally fit a pair of pants that I couldn't button a month ago! So I'm looking to keep up this 1-or-2-a-day workout routine and hope I can shed some pounds in the next few months :)



2 comments :

  1. Hey thanks for the recommendation on this video. I actually tried it and it's pretty simple and fun to follow right at your own home and comfort. I hope this tone my stomach. I wish my age could turn back as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you tried it and enjoyed! I hope it tones my stomach too :)

      Delete

If you have any questions, comments, or feedback, feel free to drop me a line and I'll get back to you asap :)