Monday, October 18, 2010

Review: Coach Poppy Perfume

Hey everyone! I've never done a review on a perfume before, but I figured what the heck! I've finally come across one I really love, so I wanted to share :)


A little background:

Coach launched Poppy, a new fragrance for women, in July. The name is borrowed from the Coach Poppy fashion line, and it is the first Coach fragrance to launch directly in department stores. Poppy is a fruity floral with notes of cucumber flower, mandarin, freesia, jasmine, water lily, gardenia, crème brûlée accord, cedarwood, sandalwood, vanilla and whipped marshmallow. Coach Poppy is available in 50 ml Eau de Parfum, and in a purse spray and body lotion. (via wwd)


Price:
$60 for 1.7 Oz

What they say: Poppy is a flower. Poppy is a girl. Now, Poppy is a fragrance.


The good stuff:
  • Smells SOOO DELICIOUS!
  • Super adorable packaging
  • It's PINK!

The low-down:

  • If you don't like fruity florals, this isn't for you.
  • Considerably pricey
  • I can see myself using this up quickly

My take: I am in love love love with this perfume! I had been needing a new one since I ran out of this random Paris Hilton perfume I had been using prior :P I purchased this from Sephora when I was on Oahu. Although I hate to spend $60 on something as trivial as perfume, I do think it was well worth it! It just smells so YUMMY. I couldn't really place my finger on what the scent was at first.... all I knew was that it literally smelled DELICIOUS. Like candy :) After doing some researching online, apparently the scents are "cucumber flower, mandarin, freesia, jasmine, water lily, gardenia, crème brûlée accord, cedarwood, sandalwood, vanilla and whipped marshmallow."

The only other downer besides the price is the fact that I can see myself using this up rather quickly because it's kinda tiny, and I like to smell good all the time. LOL!

Would I repurchase/recommend?: Yes, as long as I don't come across a scent that I like better, I would definitely repurchase this after I run out. I would recommend this to anyone who likes sweet, candyish, fruity floral scents!


The Rundown:

Packaging:
5/5
Adorable & luxurious!

Product: 5/5
Super "yummy" scent. A great fruity floral!

Price: 3/5
Of course, you're paying for the label so the price is to be expected. But it's still up-there for just perfume :P

Overall:

[ click here to read about my Review & Rating System ]


No comments :

Post a Comment

If you have any questions, comments, or feedback, feel free to drop me a line and I'll get back to you asap :)