What they say:
Reduces fine lines, wrinkles, puffiness and dark circles with Alpha Lipoic Acid and DMAE. 15mL / .5 fl oz. Advanced Eye Area Therapy is formulated with DMAE and Alpha Lipoic Acid to help prevent and correct the early signs of aging that appear around the delicate eye area, making us look older than we really are. It minimizes the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles and puffiness, while diminishing dark circles and discoloration with Vitamin C Ester. Paraben-free.
[ KEY SCIENCES ]
Alpha Lipoic Acid - Patented
• The ultimate antioxidant protects the cell
• Diminishes fine lines, wrinkles and discoloration
• Refines skin texture
• Reduces pore size, puffiness, imperfections and uneven skin tone
DMAE - Patented
• Provides ultimate contouring benefits to skin beginning to lose elasticity
• Delivers lifted, tightened and toned appearance to the skin
• Diminishes the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles
Vitamin C Ester - Patented
• A powerful antioxidant that improves firmness and elasticity
• Diminishes the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles and discoloration
• Imparts a radiant, smooth and luminous appearance
[ CLINICALS ]
After 4 weeks of use: 90% showed less discoloration under eyes
84% reported improvement in under eye moisture (only 3 hours after application)
What's in it:
Aqua (Water), Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate (Vitamin C Ester), Aminobutyric Acid, Isopropyl Palmitate, Glycyrrhetinic Acid, Cetearyl Alcohol, Phosphatidylcholine, Thioctic Acid (Alpha-Lipoic Acid), Caffeine, Niacinamide, Ceteareth-20, Borago Officinalis (Borage) Seed Oil, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Bran Oil, Squalane, Folic Acid, Tocophersolan, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG-100 Stearate, Dimethicone, Polysorbate 60, Caprylyl Glycol, Dimethyl MEA (DMAE), Elaeis Guineensis (Palm) Oil, Phytonadione, Phenoxyethanol, Ascorbyl Palmitate (Vitamin C Ester), Tocotrienols, Hexylene Glycol, Eicosapentaenoic Acid, Citric Acid, Disodium EDTA, Tocopherol, Sodium Hyaluronate, Astaxanthin.
What to do:
Dr. Perricone recommends applying gently under the eye in the morning and evening.
The good stuff:
- Hygenic pump bottle
- A little goes a long way
- Very moisturizing & hydrating
- Easy to smooth on
- No scent
- Kept my undereye puffiness at bay
- Seemed to help a bit with my dark circles & fine lines
- The pump dispenses A LOT, so be careful how hard you press it down
- Slight stinging sensation for the first few uses
- Only 15 mL, it's a small bottle (but you only need to use a little at a time)
- Not a CURE for dark circles & fine lines
My take: This product is a light, moisturizing lotion. It is easy to smooth on the undereye area and very little will go a long way. I have to mention though, that although I love pump bottles, this one dispenses WAY too much -- One full pump is too much for BOTH of my eyes, so I only press it down a little to get less than a pea sized amount, which is enough for both of my eyes :)
I have a semi-sensitive undereye area, so the first few times I used this product, I would get a stinging/burning sensation. I'd also get the same stinging feeling if I apply this right after I remove my eye makeup with a makeup remover wipe (due to the rubbing, the skin around my eyes would be extra sensitive and applying the product over it would cause that irritation). The stinging faded after a couple of minutes and stopped entirely after a couple more uses, but if you have sensitive skin, I would try using only a little bit of this product, increasing the amount as time goes on, if you don't get any reactions to it.
This product is very moisturizing and hydrating for the undereye area. I prefer to use it as an overnight treatment since it does take awhile to fully absorb and sink into the skin. This product makes some big claims for stellar undereye improvement, but I must say that I can only speak for some of them -- I've been using this product for about a month now, so maybe as time goes on, the results will become more apparent. So far, I've been liking what I've been seeing though!
Let's take a look at the claims again: Minimizes the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles and puffiness, while diminishing dark circles and discoloration.
Has it been working for me?
- Minimizes appearance of fine lines & wrinkles? As I've mentioned before, I have pretty bad fine lines :( I do think that this product seems to be helping at softening them out, but they are still visible (up close). The good thing, they're for sure NOT getting worse!
- Minimizes appearance of puffiness? Ever since I used Cellnique's De-Puffy Eye Jewel, my undereye bags were significantly reduced. I have since ran out of that product, and started using Advanced Eye Area Therapy, and it has successfully kept the puffiness from returning! It had a similar effect to the Cellnique De-Puffy Eye Jewel though -- it seemed to "flatten" out the puffiness, but also created a sort of "hollow" area beneath my eye. Nothing terrible though, the main thing is that it kept the puffiness away!
- Diminishes dark circles & discoloration? Also as I've mentioned many times before, I have THE WORST dark undereye circles. VERY Severe darkness and discoloration. I have yet to find a product that has worked to tone it down. However, I do think that this product has seemed to have a slight effect at lightening my dark circles A BIT. Maybe it's just my wishful thinking... it's nothing spectacularly noticeable, but it does seem to have helped some at making my undereye area look a little more rejuvenated. Hopefully with continuous use it will get better.
Would I repurchase/recommend:
I don't think I'd need to repurchase this anytime soon, as so little goes such a long way. I wouldn't really recommend this to anyone on a beauty budget, as it is quite expensive. But if you can afford it and you've been looking for a product to combat dark circles and puffiness, I'd say go for it! Although it might not be strong enough for people with dark circles as bad as mine, I do think it would work rather well for people with mild/moderate discoloration. Also, if you're looking for something to fight puffiness, I would recommend this!
Convenient pump bottle! Dispenses A LOT though, have to be careful not to press too hard.
A little goes a long way, moisturizing, kept puffiness at bay, seemed to help diminish my dark circles somewhat.
Very pricey. Not really "beauty on a budget" friendly, but you are paying for quality and results!
[ click here to read about my Review & Rating System ]
Disclaimer: the product mentioned in this review was provided to me by Perricone MD. In no way does this alter my opinion on the product, this review is my honest experience and opinion. I am not paid by or affiliated with this company. Please use this product at your own discretion. Just because it worked/didn't work for me doesn't guarantee it will/won't work for you.