Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Review: CVS Daily Moisturizing Lotion

Price: ~$2.99 from Long's/CVS

What they say:
(Click to view larger)


What's in it:
(Click to view larger)


All Drug Facts:


The good stuff:

  • Inexpensive
  • Moisturizing and soothing
  • A little goes a long way
  • Might work well as a primer for others...

The low-down:

  • Takes awhile to feel like it's absorbed
  • Doesn't sit well under (my) makeup

My take: This was yet another moisturizer that I was attracted to because of the price. I was originally going to pay a little more and get the Aveeno Daily Moisturizing Lotion, but I decided against it. Now I'm thinking I should have trusted my first instinct! Read on to find out why.

This is a dimethicone skin protectant (click here to learn about dimethicone), so it has a lot of slip and is easy to smooth on and feels slippery to the touch. It takes longer than I'd like to absorb on my face, and I don't like the slippery feeling on my hands. It is very moisturizing and soothing, however. It keeps my skin feeling soft and smooth.

The downside for me is that after it finally seems to absorb, it doesn't sit well underneath my makeup. I used this under my regular EDM Pressed Powder, and while it doesn't alter the appearance of my foundation, it just feels yucky on my skin :( After I apply the powder, my skin starts to feel sticky/tacky to the touch, and stays that way all day. It's very uncomfortable to feel the lotion sitting on my skin and getting that tacky feeling on my hands whenever I touch my face. It also doesn't seem to exceptionally smooth out my skin or make my foundation go on any better (well, it is a moisturizer, not a primer... but just sayin' :P). But, it might work better under other people's makeup versus mine.



Would I repurchase/recommend?: No, I personally would not repurchase this moisturizer because I'd rather try the Aveeno one. I prefer to use this one on rough skin like on elbows and legs, rather than on my face. Since it's so cheap though, it might be worth a shot if you're looking for an inexpensive moisturizer and you don't mind the slippery dimethicone feel. It might work better under different kinds of makeup and on different skin types.


The Rundown:

Packaging:
5/5
Your basic easy squeeze tube.

Product: 4/5
Moisturizing, but doesn't sit well under makeup.

Price: 5/5
Completely wallet-friendly.

Overall:

[ click here to read about my Review & Rating System ]


No comments :

Post a Comment

If you have any questions, comments, or feedback, feel free to drop me a line and I'll get back to you asap :)