Sunday, September 19, 2010

Review: Olay Active Hydrating Cream (Original)

Price: ~$6.49 from Walmart

What they say:
(click to view larger)

What to do:
(click to view larger)


What's in it:
(click to view larger)



The good stuff:
  • Inexpensive
  • Lots of product, will last a long time
  • A little goes a long way
  • Moisturizes and smooths skin
  • Creamy texture, easy to apply
  • It's pink!

The low-down:

  • In a tub
  • "Old lady" smell
  • Doesn't absorb quickly
  • Feels tacky on skin
  • Leaves skin looking kind of greasy

My take: This is another moisturizer I have been trying out recently in my battle against dry skin! I was immediately attracted to it because of the price, and the fact that it is pink :) But does it work? Read on to find out!

Olay describes this cream as a "light, non-greasy formula." I would have to agree that it is light and easy to smooth on, and it doesn't feel heavy or smothering to my skin. It also doesn't feel greasy, but it does make my skin LOOK greasy after applying. It doesn't absorb quickly and feels tacky to the touch. This is why I mainly have been using this cream as a night cream -- It absorbs better overnight and I end up with smooth, moisturized skin in the morning. I can't really speak for its "restoring" claims (reducing fine lines & wrinkles), but it does keep my skin hydrated and smooth as promised.

The only thing I really didn't like is the smell. It has a very strong, perfumey, "old lady" type of scent :/ It fades quickly but initially, it isn't exactly what I'd call pleasant! XD

Would I repurchase/recommend?: No, I personally wouldn't repurchase this product because I love my Garnier Moisture Rescue Refreshing Gel-Cream much more! This product has kept up to its claims but I just don't like that it takes a long time to absorb and makes MY skin look greasy. I would recommend this cream to anyone who doesn't mind dipping their fingers in a tub and who wants a rich yet light moisturizing cream that works well as an overnight dry skin treatment!

The Rundown:

Packaging:
4/5
Your basic chubby plastic tub. Does have a "sophisticated" feel to it though. (For hygiene's sake, I would always prefer a pump bottle)

Product: 4/5
Feels moisturizing and softening, but doesn't absorb quickly and stays tacky. Better as a night cream for me.

Price: 5/5
Good value for the price.

Overall:

[ click here to read about my Review & Rating System ]


No comments :

Post a Comment

If you have any questions, comments, or feedback, feel free to drop me a line and I'll get back to you asap :)