Saturday, March 10, 2012

Review & Swatches: Revlon Photoready Airbrush Foundation in Nude VS Revlon Photoready Liquid Foundation in Nude

Here's a review on Revlon's new Photoready Airbrush Foundation. I got the shade "Nude" so I could compare it to Revlon's original Photoready Foundation (read on for comparison) that I already had, also in Nude.


Price: $11-12 at Target

What they say:
Get an airbrushed finish with Revlon’s light-as-air mousse makeup. Press button gently to deliver a lightweight air-infused foam mousse that blends seamlessly. Photochromatic pigments minimize the appearance of flaws for a smooth, poreless look.

PhotoReady Airbrush™ Mousse Makeup, an air-light makeup provides a flawless finish, whether it’s on camera or in person. The whipped texture allows you to blend evenly for undetectable coverage, leaving you with a smooth poreless complexion. The formula’s photochromatic pigments bend and reflect light to minimize flaws, leaving you with perfectly airbrushed skin in any light – indoors, outdoors, or under the flash of a camera. Oil free, fragrance free. Use alone or over PhotoReady™ Primers.

What to do:
Use alone or over PhotoReady™ Face Primers. To use, shake can well. Hold can upright, and press button gently to dispense a dime-size dollop of foamy air-infused mousse. Apply over face and blend for a smooth poreless complexion. Whipped texture feels weightless and provides medium-to-full buildable coverage. For an airbrushed finish, we recommend using fingertips to apply


In contrast to Maybelline's Dream Nude Airfoam foundation that I just reviewed, this foundation is the exact opposite. VERY LITTLE GOES A LONG WAY! I made the mistake of pumping out a lot, which turned out to be like 3x too much for my whole face. Just about a dime size is all you need. It comes out as a foamy looking glob of product.


The texture quickly melts into a semi-thick liquidy consistency with a slightly sticky/tacky feeling to it... practically just like their original Photoready foundation:

I also have their original Photoready foundation in Nude.
It is distinctly darker/warmer than the Photoready Airbrush in Nude.


Swatches side by side:
Revlon Photoready Airbrush | Revlon Photoready


It has medium buildable coverage that hides minor imperfections and masks redness a lot better than Maybelline's Dream Nude Airfoam. This shade also suits me a lot better than the Dream Nude Airfoam Nude. Similarly to the Nude Airfoam though, it doesn't cover around my nose very well for some reason.



As with their original Photoready Foundation, it photographs rather well and gives a smooth, softened look to skin.



The good stuff:
  • Various shades to choose from
  • Medium-buildable coverage
  • A LITTLE GOES A LONG WAY
  • Covers minor imperfections & redness
  • Photographs nicely
  • Gives a smooth/softened appearance to skin
The low-down:
  • Requires careful blending to look ideal
  • Slightly sticky/tacky feeling
  • Finish wears off after 4+ hours
  • Doesn't hold up against oily skin
  • So similar to the original Photoready Foundation
My take: Overall, I like this foundation, but I wasn't as happy with it as I was with Maybelline's Dream Nude Airfoam. Mainly this foundation did not impress me because it's basically just an aerated version of their original Photoready Foundation, which I already have. The product comes out looking fluffy and mousse-y, but quickly melts into a semi-thick, liquidy, slightly sticky/tacky consistency, just like the liquid foundation. Thus it requires a little more blending to make it appear smooth and not cakey on skin. It's also sort of hard to control how much comes out of the pump, and you only need a REALLY LITTLE BIT, so I usually end up with too much for my whole face; wasting product.

I like that the coverage is heavier than Maybelline's Dream Nude Airfoam, but I much prefer Dream Nude Airfoam's lightweight texture. I honestly don't think the Photoready Foundations look especially spectacular in-person, but they do seem to photograph nicely; as promised by their name. It gives a nice, smooth, softened glowy appearance to skin.

Similarly to Dream Nude Airfoam though, this foundation also does not hold up to oily skin. By the middle of the day, my T-zone was visibly shiny as well and the dewy smooth finish wears off.

Would I repurchase/recommend?
I wouldn't repurchase this foundation as a little goes such a long way, and I still have their original Photoready foundation and they both feel/look the same to me. I would recommend this to anyone who is interested in Revlon's Photoready line and HASN'T tried their original foundation yet... it's worth a shot. I wouldn't recommend this to anyone with oily skin or anyone who already owns the Photoready liquid foundation.


The Rundown:

Packaging: 5/5
Pump dispenser.

Product:
3/5
A good foundation, I wouldn't really call it an innovation. It's basically an aerated version of their original Photoready Foundation.

Price: 4/5
Affordable.

Overall:

[
click here to read about my Review & Rating System ]

No comments :

Post a Comment

If you have any questions, comments, or feedback, feel free to drop me a line and I'll get back to you asap :)