I had always wanted a favicon but was not sure how to do it on blogger until I came accross this tutorial at yummylolly.com! It's some very useful information, and I just wanted to share what I learned! (credit: here is the tutorial from yummylolly)
D I R E C T I O N S
- You need a small square icon (I think I did 20x20 but it's usually scaled down to 16x16). If you use a big image, it will be scaled down and lose quality so if you're making your own, it's best to create your image at the size you want it to appear. I used Paint Shop Pro but you can use any image editing program-- I find good ol' MSPaint to be the easiest to make pixel images with.
- I saved mine as a .gif with a transparent background -- I will do a tutorial on this soon.
- Go to iconj.com and upload that sucker!
- Copy & paste the code they provide you with, into your layout html like so:
The pink part is where you put YOUR code... put it between the b:skin and head tags. Make sure it is ABOVE the head tag.
- Preview that shit!!! If it's all G... click SAVE
- Aaaand... you're done! It should work as long as your browser supports favicons. Also, remember that since this is a free host and all... your icon may disappear if/when the site goes down.