Thursday, April 28, 2011

Review & Swatches: Maybelline Dream Bouncy Blush in Rose Petal

This is another one of those products that I'd been hearing so much about, so I just had to try it out for myself! Unfortunately I was rather disappointed in my purchase, read on for why...


Maybelline Dream Bouncy Blush in Rose Petal

Sorry, this picture is after I mushed it around a bit :x


Price: $6.99 from Target

From Maybelline's website:

Why You'll Love It

Freshest flush ever:
• Revolutionary gel formula provides a new bouncy texture.
• Lightweight like a powder, yet melts seamlessly into skin like a cream
• Natural sheer wash of color that is buildable for greater color intensity
• Dermatologist tested, Allergy tested
• Non comedogenic

For Best Results

With your fingertips, blend a small amount of blush onto the apples of your cheeks, applying from your cheekbones to your temples. To build color intensity, apply more blush.
Ingredients: Talc, Dimethicone, Hydrogenated C6-14 Olefin Polymers, Diisostearyl Malate, Paraffinum Liquidum / Mineral Oil / Huile Minerale, Silica, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Hexyl Laurate, Ethylene/Propylene/Styrene Copolymer, Butylene/Ethylene/Styrene Copolymer, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Phenoxyethanol,Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Alumina, Tin Oxide. May Contain: Mica, CI 77891 / Titanium Dioxide, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 / Iron Oxides, CI 77007 / Ultramarines, CI 15850 / Red 7, CI 19140 / Yellow 5 Lake, CI 15850 / Red 6, CI 45410 / Red 28 Lake, CI 77120 / Barium Sulfate, CI 73360 / Red 30, CI 15850 / Red 7 Lake, CI 15985 / Yellow 6 Lake]
The good stuff:
  • Interesting texture
  • Easy to smooth on and blend
The low-down:
  • This shade in particular is REALLY lacking in pigmentation
  • Lasting power is less than spectacular
  • Very tiny! Too pricey imo for the size
My take: The main reason I was disappointed in this blush is because this shade, Rose Petal, barely shows up on me at all! I was expecting it to be a nice flush of, well... ROSE PETAL color!!! Unfortunately, it's an extremely soft shade of pink that melds into my skintone, appearing as a VERY VERY light pink. On cheeks, it gives the SUBTLEST glow... but just barely. Even after piling on the color, it remains quite lackluster in appearance.



On the upside, I really like the idea behind this blush. The texture is a bit like "clay" -- soft, squishy, kinda springy to the touch. It's easy to smooth on and blend into cheeks using fingers, but I found I got a tad more color out of it using a stippling brush. It's actually more fun to mush around that to actually use... LOL :P Once applied, I wouldn't say it sticks around on me for longer than 2 hours. In this sense, I think it would work better as a base for powder blush.

Would I repurchase/recommend?: I would definitely not repurchase this shade or recommend it to anyone with a similar skin tone. I really would like to try some of the other shades though. The deeper, more vibrant shades seem a lot more promising than this one!

The Rundown:
Packaging: 4/5
A standard compact. Really small though!

Product:
2/5
It feels really interesting, definitely a novel concept. However this shade in particular really lacked in pigmentation and lasting power.

Price:
3/5
A bit pricey for the small size!

No comments :

Post a Comment

If you have any questions, comments, or feedback, feel free to drop me a line and I'll get back to you asap :)