Thursday, April 28, 2011

Your thoughts on... Multi-purposing your makeup + A Multi-purpose EOTD/FOTD

Hello loves! Today I wanted to share my thoughts on Multi-purposing your makeup. I am a believer that makeup doesn't have to have limitations. Just because something is labeled as "eyeshadow" or "blush" doesn't mean you ALWAYS have to use it as such!

I got this Revlon Perle eyeshadow in "Brushed Copper" from a swap with Ndoodles! It's a gorgeous champagne shade.


It's a little too light for me to use as just a lid shade, but it makes a wonderful highlight!


The multi-purpose?It also makes a wonderful highlight for cheeks!
Applied with a light hand, it gives a nice, subtle glow.
The glitter is not overpowering and gives off pretty shimmers.


Another product I use daily for a TOTALLY different purpose than it is intended for is DHC Rose Beauty Eye Zone Treatment Retouch Q10. I got this from a swap with Angela of SparkleMidori. I tried using this a few times as an undereye concealer, but it is too sheer for my dark circles and caused my eyeliner to smudge really quickly.

The multi-purpose?I decided to use it as a lip primer/concealer!

NOTE: To the best of my knowledge, this does not contain ingredients that would be harmful to lips. I mean, I use regular concealer/foundation on my lips all the time too, and that doesn't cause me any problems. I could not find an actual ingredient list, but I did find this list from Lotus Palace: olive oil essence, Coenzyme Q10, a sunscreen of SPF30 PA+++ and clear rose pigment.
It perfectly lightens up the pigmentation of my lips and preps for lipcolor, which shows up A LOT better! Also, with continued use, it has made my lips much smoother and softer : )


Another product I like to make alternative use of is BLUSH!

The multi-purpose?
Layered over lipbalm, you can create so many gorgeous custom lipcolors using blush! This is MAC "Style" poweder blush over EOS lip balm.


This is ELF Natural Radiance Blusher "Glow" over MAC "Style" powder blush over EOS lip balm. Tell me that isn't gorgeous!

This is ELF Natural Radiance Blusher "Glow" by itself, over EOS lip balm.


The last product I wanted to talk about is BRONZER.

The multi-purpose?
If you don't like the way a bronzer looks on your face, you can use it as eyeshadow!
You can also use the individual shades for different uses.

- - - - - - - EOTD/FOTD - - - - - - -For this EOTD/FOTD, I'm using ELF's Studio Warm Bronzer; the individual colors as eyeshadow, the pink shade as blush, and the shades mixed together as a contour shade.



While the pigmentation of the individual bronzer shades are only average, layered over ELF mineral eye primer, they make for a great neutral eye look. Shade 2 and 3 are good for highlights. Shade 1 and 4 are good for lid/crease shades. I also used shade 2 as a blush. I used all the shades swirled together to contour my cheekbones.


• To finish the eye look, I applied a dark brown shade (5) from my Wet N Wild Color Icon palette in "Vanity" on my lid.

• To finish the lips, I topped off the blush lipcolor with NYX Round lip gloss in "Whipped" and YSL Golden Gloss in "Golden Peony."

• For the rest of my face, I used a light dusting of EDM pressed powder in "Light" + MAC MSF Natural in "Medium." For my cheeks, I layered over the pink shade from the ELF Studio Bronzer with ELF Studio Blush in "Candid Coral" and MAC powder blush in "Style."

The finished look:
(I realize that the majority of my FOTDs/EOTDs look like this, lol. What can I say, I like browns/golds :P)



So what are your thoughts on multi-purposing your makeup?Do you multi-purpose any products? Thinking of trying it?


No comments :

Post a Comment

If you have any questions, comments, or feedback, feel free to drop me a line and I'll get back to you asap :)