Thursday, April 28, 2011

My Fav Lippies ...w/ Swatches!

Hello loves! This post was requested by the lovely and extremely talented Claudia of Lemon Pie! I don't think I've ever done a post about my favorite lippies, so here goes! I'm pretty boring and conservative when it comes to lippies (even though I used to be addicted to buying them)... I basically stick to safe, nude shades and soft pinks. I do want to venture into more peach/coral shades though ;)

So here's my most used, favorite lipsticks & glosses!
(the order is from left to right)



Wet N Wild Mega Last Lipstick - Pink Suga
Ironically, a little more orange on me than NYX Orange Soda; still a great nude. VERY pigmented, smooth, and semi-matte. (review here)

NYX Round Lipstick - Orange Soda
My all-time favorite nude shade. Slightly peachy and works well with my skintone. Super creamy and opaque. Pairs great with a sheer gloss. (lip swatches here)


Maybelline ColorSensational Lipstick - Pink Please
The perfect baby pink that shows up well on my medium-pigmented lips. Smooth and sheer but buildable. (overview here)

Wet N Wild Mega Last Lipstick - Just Peachy
A slightly brighter pink than Pink Please. A tad peachy, but still more pink. VERY pigmented, smooth, and semi-matte. (review here)

NYC Ultra Last Lipwear - Rose Gold
A gorgeous soft rosy pink with gold shimmer. Color shows up better on my lips when layered over concealer + gloss. (review here)

Yves Saint Laurent Gloss Pur - Pure Rose
The perfect milky baby pink. High gloss shine, starts out sheer but is buildable. Slightly sticky, but not too bad. (review here)


NYX Lips Lipstick - Peach Love
Even though the other lippies from my last NYX haul were a frosty mess, I still like this particular shade. Over concealed lips and layered with a gloss, it shows up a nice, soft peachy coral. (overview here)

MAC Cremesheen Lipstick - Ravishing
A gorgeous "clean light peachy coral." Super creamy and pigmented. (overview here)

Revlon Super Lustrous Lipgloss - Life's a PeachI love the formulation of this lipgloss. It is the perfect texture, smell, and lasting power. Very glossy, non-sticky, smooth, sheery-buildable, nudey peach. (overview here)


LE Tsumori Chisato for Shu Uemura Rouge Unlimited - Jupiter Brown
I am not much of a bold-lip wearer, but I do like this shade. Looks pink in the picture but it's actually a rosy-brown type of shade that shows up "reddish" on me. But I like it a lot. Very smooth, sheer but buildable. (review here)

Swatches
(click to view larger)

These swatches are pretty color-accurate, except for Ravishing, which is lighter, brighter coral and Jupiter Brown; which for some reason looks red-violet (to me at least) but is actually lighter rose-brown shade. Dunno why they look so dark in the pics.

Hope this post was helpful! : )
What are YOUR fav lippies?

No comments :

Post a Comment

If you have any questions, comments, or feedback, feel free to drop me a line and I'll get back to you asap :)