Friday, May 28, 2010

Review: Wet N Wild Mega Last Lip Color


L-R: Pink Suga, Just Peachy

Swatches:

Pink Suga

Just Peachy



Price: I got mine for around $3.69 I think. Online I've seen it for $2.69.

What they say: Lips take center stage! This 4-hour, longwearing lip color leaves a semi-matte, crème finish in one stroke. Glides on easily with rich, velvety color that doesn't cake, feather, or bleed.

What's in it: Made with hydrating skin-care ingredients: Hyaluronic Microspheres provide extraordinary adhesion to lips, an exclusive polymer complex offers cushion-like feel and texture, and natural marine plant extracts Coenzyme Q10 and Vitamins A & E help smooth lips. [didn't find a full ingredients list]

The good stuff:
  • Inexpensive
  • Good size to stash in your purse
  • Pigmentation is FABULOUS!
  • Goes on smoothly when lips are prepped w/ lip balm
  • Did not dry out my lips
  • Long lasting

The low-down:

  • Packaging is kinda flimsy
  • A bit dry on its own
My take: These lipsticks are AWESOME! Inexpensive and the pigmentation is AHHHMAZING. But first, some negatives. While the packaging is cute and slim -- good for stashing in your purse -- the casing is a bit flimsy. I think even ELF does a better job with their packaging and their products are cheaper! My tube of Just Peachy must have been put together crappily because the stick fell out after one use. So I had to smush it back in as gently as possible. It works and twists up and all, but it's still wobbly. Oh well.

Other than that, these lipsticks are great. They have a semi-matte finish... the color you get is perfectly opaque, and has a hint of shine to it. They are a little too dry for my tastes when applied on their own, so I prep my lips first with EOS lip balm and they smooth on easily and DO NOT dry out my lips. That way, the color also starts off sheer so you can build it to the intensity you want.

Pink Suga is an orangey-nude color. Reminds me a lot of NYX Orange Soda, but a little more orange-y. Just Peachy is a pretty peachy pink (more peachy IRL). Lasting power is certainly at least 4 hours like they claim, even more if you're not eating/drinking. Looks great on its own or layered with lipgloss.

Would I repurchase/recommend?: Yes, I want to get more shades! I am totally surprised and satisified with these lipsticks. I also would recommend them to anyone looking for an inexpensive, long lasting, intensely pigmented lipstick!


No comments :

Post a Comment

If you have any questions, comments, or feedback, feel free to drop me a line and I'll get back to you asap :)