Friday, May 7, 2010

ELF Haul & Swatches + NOTD ft. NYC Longwear Nail Enamel - Big Money Frost

First off, I just wanted to note how pleased and surprised I have been with ELF lately. I ordered this on Wednesday, and it came in TODAY. TWO DAYS! Amazing! I think my last order came in 3 days, in fact!

This is quite awesome, and I think ELF has come such a long way from when I first purchased from them and shipping took around a month, my order was wrong, and I was disappointed with everything I got. Now, I feel like their products are very much improved, the Studio line is pretty awesome, and I have not had any problems with my orders and shipping time is great! While I do think they could use a little more quality control (see below for example :P), for the most part, I feel like ELF has really stepped their game up!

Anywho, this is what I ordered with the $1.98 shipping promo. So my entire order was less than $22!


Brightening Eyeshadow - Day 2 Night
I love these quads, as every one I've tried so far is very pigmented and smooth!


Brightening Eyeshadow - Brownstone


Luscious Liquid Lipstick - Perfect Pink
This is the third one of these I have, because I really like the formulation; it's smooth and creamy. Perfect Pink is well... really pink! It's more pigmented than Baby Lips and less pigmented than Natural Blush, but it just makes my lips look reddish. Not something I'd wear on its own.

Studio Blush - Tickled Pink, Fuschia Fusion, Gotta Glow
If you've been reading my recent posts, you'll know that I'm currently OBSESSED with blush! I already own Candid Coral and Peachy Keen, and I LOVE them! Of course I had to add 3 more of ELF's Studio blushes to my collection! This set is much more pigmented than the first 2 I got, but they are still ALL gorgeous blushes ♥

I am going to do a full review of my entire ELF Blush collection, with swatches, soon! : )

Healthy Glow Bronzing Powder - Sun Kissed
Figured I'd try this just for the heck of it. LOTS more product than the Natural Radiance Blusher, and WAYYY better packaging! It is really powdery but the color is super nice.

Will be reviewing and swatching these soon!

Studio Contour brush
Soft soft soft. But firm! Have not tried it out yet. Hope I like it!


ELF Nail polish - Mint Cream, Lilac, Desert Haze, Smoky Brown
I was really interested in trying these new colors! I already have 3 ELF Nail polishes and I love them all. The colors are gorgeous, and the polish dries really fast and lasts a week on me without chipping. Definitely worth a dollar!

I currently have Mint Cream on my toes and it is lovely! Very true to color. I was wishing Lilac would be a little lighter, but it is still nice. Desert Haze is also a little darker than I expected, but I've been lemming some taupe-ish polishes so it's okay.

As for Smoky brown... I was hoping it would be a light taupe-brown but it's a lot darker than I expected. Also, it had some weird blackness floating around in the polish when I opened it (oh yeah, it was also in the box, BACKWARDS :P). After shaking the bottle a bit, it dissipated a bit but you can still see blobs of black in the polish. Strange, but it doesn't seem to be altering the color.

Needless to say, I will be updating with a whole slew of ELF reviews in the next few days : )

NOTD

And here's what I've been wearing on my nails lately:
NYC Longwear Nail Enamel - 118A Big Money Frost

The name is definitely fitting. It's a nice, bright, metallic green. I'm not sure if the "Frost" part of the name is supposed to be part of the name, or if it supposed to indicate the finish. Both, maybe? I guess the finish is slightly frosty.
The polish is really sheer but buildable without getting goopy. This is 3 coats.


But what I love about this polish is that it was only 99 cents, and IT DRIES SOOOO FAST. I usually have to wait hours for polish to completely dry, and it's such a pain when I want to get up and go. However, this polish dried in like... 5 minutes! Fully dried, even with 3 coats! Amazing! I have 2 more of these polishes that I haven't tried yet, but I hope they have the same formulation! If so, I definitely will be buying more of these : )



No comments :

Post a Comment

If you have any questions, comments, or feedback, feel free to drop me a line and I'll get back to you asap :)