Friday, May 7, 2010

Review: ELF Studio Powder Brush

Price: $3.00 from ELF

What they say:

How to use:


The good stuff:
  • Inexpensive
  • Pretty sleek design
  • Reusable packaging
  • SUPER UBER SOFT BRISTLES!
  • Mine had no weird smell
  • No shedding
  • Picks up and deposits powder extremely well
  • Creates a flawless, "airbrushed" finish

The low-down:

  • It's really bulky!
CLOSE-UPS


My take: I know I'm pretty late jumping on the bandwagon and getting this brush... but what can I say? I was skeptical. I got one for my mom awhile ago and she liked it, so I finally got around to getting myself one. And what can I say now? I LOVE THIS BRUSH. It is definitely worth the $3 and then some. The bristles are luxuriously soft and smooth and work so well at applying powder foundation. I feel like it gives me a nice, smooth, even, airbrushed finish. The brush head is firm, and the bristles do not splay out so it doesn't lose its flat-top shape when applying powder. The brush handle is quite bulky though.

I have not had any problems with weird smells or shedding with any of the brushes I've purchased from ELF, maybe I'm just lucky? But one thing I did want to note is that my brush handle was scuffed! I noticed it right after taking it out of the package and giving it the once over. The handle is a nice, sleek matte black, but near the bottom, there were whitish scuff marks :/ (doesn't come off). No real biggie though.


Would I repurchase/recommend?:
Yes, I could totally see myself repurchasing this brush, and yes, I would totally recommend it to anyone in need of an excellent powder brush! This is certainly a product that I consider a "gem" from ELF. Definitely HG status for me, worth every penny! : )





No comments :

Post a Comment

If you have any questions, comments, or feedback, feel free to drop me a line and I'll get back to you asap :)