Sunday, May 9, 2010

Review: Cellnique De-puffy Jewel

Disclaimer: the product mentioned in this review was provided to me by Cellnique. In no way does this alter my opinion on the product, this review is my honest experience and opinion. I am not paid by or affiliated with this company. Please use this product at your own discretion. Just because it worked/didn't work for me doesn't guarantee it will/won't work for you.


Price: $50 from Cellnique.com


What they say: With its unique combination of Acetyl Tetrapeptide Gold Dipeptide and Rhodochrosite Extract, this breakthrough eye formulation helps alleviate eye puffiness and dark circles by increasing blood circulation and deep moisture the eye areas. Consists SPF15 which protects skin from again UVA and UVB rays.

Benefits
• Reduces puffiness and dark circles
• Minimizes the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles
• Strengthens and regenerates skin tissues
• Soothes, softens, and hydrates the delicate eye-area skin
• Sun protection with SPF15

What's in it:

Rhodochrosite Extract - An anti-stress ingredient which fights aging by preserving cell to release collagen and elastin fibers, soothes and relaxes skin.

Acetyl Tetrapeptide Gold Dipeptide - Minimizes the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles by relaxing facial expression muscle. This will greatly prevent further premature aging.

Guaranine - Reduces the appearance of dark circles and puffy eyes by constricting blood vessels.

Full ingredient list: Purified Water (Aqua), Butylene Glycol, Methylsilanol Mannuronate, Glycerin, Carbomer, Phenoxyethanol, Caustic Soda (Sodium Hydroxide), Carrageenan Moss (Chondrus crispus) Extract, Ethylhexylglycerin, Propylene Glycol, Ppg-26-Buteth-26, Guaranine, Peg-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Sulisobenzone (Benzophenone-4), Disodium EDTA, Quartz, Caprylyl Glycol, Sorbic Acid, Rhodochrosite Extract, Potassium Sorbate, Glyceryl Caprylate, Acetyl Tetrapeptide Gold Dipeptide, Red #33 (CI 17200), Blue #1 (CI 42090).


What to do:





The good stuff:

  • Thick, gel consistency
  • Easy to apply, smooth texture
  • Moisturizes under eye area
  • Fully absorbs in ~10 minutes
  • A little goes a long way
  • Visibly reduces puffiness
  • Contains SPF

The low-down:

  • Expensive
  • Was no match for my dark circles & fine lines :(

My take: This product is a thick gel and is easy to smooth on. I only need very little to cover my entire undereye area, so it'll last me a long time. I have been using this product at night and only occasionally during the day. I find that if you don't wait long enough and try to apply concealer over it, the gel kind of rubs off in little pieces. So you have to wait for it to fully absorb before applying anything over it. Since the consistency was so thick, I thought it would just sit on my skin. But it actually fully absorbs after about 10 minutes! It did not irritate my skin and left my undereye area hydrated.

If you look at the three pictures to the left, you can see that this product truly did have an effect on my undereye area.

The picture from April 2009 (it's a bad one, sorry) shows my eye with no concealer. The puffiness is really pronounced, as are the dark circles. It's a small picture, but trust me, I have really bad fine lines as well :(

The picture from July 2009 has concealer, but it's obvious that I'm attempting to cover up the dark circles and fine lines and the concealer isn't doing the job very well. The puffiness is still severe.

I started using Cellnique's De-puffy Jewel on February 12, 2009. The third picture, February 21, 2010, shows my eye after 9 days of using this product. No concealer. NOTE - This is basically how my eye area has looked for the past 3 months I've been using this product. The good thing is that it has not worsened, but there has not been any more change either.

The good thing is that you can see that the puffiness is visibly reduced! It seemed to "flatten out" the puffiness, but it kind of left a little "hollow" dark area beneath where the puffiness used to be :/ But I cannot complain, because when I apply concealer, it looks a lot better than it used to, when the puffiness was severe.


Also, while it reduced the puffiness really well, it only very slightly seemed to have any effect on my fine lines and dark circles. It seems to help a LITTLE, but nothing dramatic like I'd hoped. This is something I expected though, because honestly, no product I've tried so far has had any (lasting) effects on my dark circles. The most successful product I've tried for my fine lines though, has been Shu Uemura Phyto-black Lift Anti-Wrinkle Firming Essence, but I only have a sample size :(

Would I repurchase/recommend?: The only thing dettering me from repurchasing this product is the price. Overall, I really liked how well it reduced my puffiness and would hate to see it return once I run out of this product (hopefully, that won't happen). However, I wouldn't really recommend this to people with severe dark circles and fine lines like me. It works really well for puffiness but I think it would be better suited for people with minor dark circles and fine lines, or people who just want to reduce undereye puffiness!



No comments :

Post a Comment

If you have any questions, comments, or feedback, feel free to drop me a line and I'll get back to you asap :)