Saturday, August 14, 2010

Review: Garnier Nutritioniste Moisture Rescue Refreshing Gel-Cream


Price: ~$7.75 from Walmart

What they say:
(click to view larger)


What's in it:
(click to view larger)


What to do:
(click to view larger)



The good stuff:
  • Affordable
  • You get a lot of product in a weighty glass jar
  • Easy to smooth on
  • Refreshing, cooling sensation
  • Moisturizes skin instantly
  • Absorbs quickly and doesn't oil up
  • Keeps skin feeling hydrated, soft, & smooth
  • Works fine under makeup

The low-down:

  • Some people might not like that it's in jar
  • The cooling sensation might be a little strong for some people
  • Denatured Alcohol is the 3rd ingredient

My take: Ever since my skin has gone back to being dry, I've been on the lookout for a good, affordable moisturizer. This is 1 out of 5 moisturizers I have been trying out recently. So far, it is also the best -- However, nothing beats my Skin MD Natural Shielding Lotion, but I ran out of that :(

Anywho, I have been using this moisturizer for 5 days, morning and night. It has not broken me out or otherwise irritated my skin. But most importantly, it performs EXACTLY as promised (well, for me at least). But let's start out with the possibly "negative" points before moving on to why I love this product. First off, it's in a weighty, sturdy glass jar. Which I happen to love. I don't really like plastic jars because they feel sort of flimsy to me. However, some people might not like having to dip their fingers into the jar... just make sure you wash your hands first. Next, Denatured Alcohol is the third ingredient in this product. This contributes to the cooling sensation when applied (like when you use toner). However, the refreshing cooling feeling might be slightly strong for some people. Also, the Denatured Alcohol could possibly dry out skin... but I personally have severely dry skin and it hasn't caused any problems for me, just something to be aware of.

Now, onto the good stuff... this moisturizer is affordable and you get a lot in the jar. Although a little of the product doesn't go a long way, it's not like you need to completely slather the stuff onto your face to get results. I use three fingers, lightly dip it into the product, and dab it on my face in 4 areas -- on both cheeks, chin, and forehead. Then gently smooth it on. It's really light, cooling, and instantly leaves my skin feeling moisturized and hydrated, but absorbs really quickly so you can apply makeup right away. It also wears well under makeup -- doesn't oxidize foundation or oil up throughout the day. It lives up to its promises of locking in moisture for 24 hours and blocking dryness as well. My skin feels hydrated, soft, and smooth all day. Overall, this is one of those products that truly does live up to its claims!

Would I repurchase/recommend? Yes, I would probably repurchase this moisturizer if I don't come across something that I end up liking more. I love that it's affordable AND it works! I would recommend this product to those with dry skin and who want a moisturizer that will keep skin hydrated, smooth, soft, absorbs quickly, and works well under makeup!

The Rundown:

Packaging:
5/5
A weighty, sturdy glass jar.

Product: 5/5
Performs as promised!

Price: 5/5
Great value for the price!

Overall:

[ click here to read about my Review & Rating System ]


No comments :

Post a Comment

If you have any questions, comments, or feedback, feel free to drop me a line and I'll get back to you asap :)