Tuesday, February 9, 2010

LUSH Fair Trade Foot Lotion Review


Price (Lush USA): $19.50 for 7.9 oz.

(I got this from the lovely miss Sam! ♥)

What they say: Feet are hard working and darn it, they deserve to be recognized! At the end of a long day, dip your fingers (or toes) into this creamy pink mixture and let the spearmint and peppermint cool your tootsies while arnica soothes and almond oil and fair trade cocoa butter soften and moisturize. Not only will your feet thank you, but so will those around you when your feet feel soft and smell divine. Use this after a Volcano foot mask for post-pedi softness.

What's in it: Arnica Montana Infusion (Arnica montana), Almond Oil (Prunus dulcis), Fair Trade Cocoa Butter (Theobroma cacao), Glycerine, Stearic Acid, Triethanolamine, Spearmint Oil (Mentha viridis), Peppermint Oil (Mentha piperita), Tagettes Oil (Tagetes glandulifera), Lanolin, Cetearyl Alcohol, *Limonene, *Linalool, Perfume, D&C Red No. 33, Methylparaben, Propylparaben.

The good stuff:

  • It's pink!!!
  • Smells good
  • Light smooth texture
  • Absorbs quickly, no greasy residue
  • Soothing and relaxing

The low-down:

  • Pricey
  • Crappy packaging

My take: This is a really good lotion! :D Normally I hate using any kind of body/hand/foot lotion because it leaves a greasy residue and that ain't fun when I'm trying to open things and my hands are slippery... or when I walk around and I'm sliding all over the place... or when I'm getting stickyness all over my clothes. This lotion is definitely soothing and relaxing for my feet and the best part is that it absorbs quickly without leaving any residue behind, and leaves your feet soft & smooth! My whole family loves this stuff. Again, my only gripe is the tub packaging, only because I dislike tubs because they're unhygenic.

Would I repurchase: Maybe, if there was a Lush store here :(



9 comments :

  1. Thanks for this review! I gotta look into this now, I'm still on the lookout for a non-greasy foot lotion, so now I gotta try this one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. mmm.... from the look, pink... haha, smell so good

    ReplyDelete
  3. just wash your hands before you stick your fingers in it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. great review, i think i have a sample of this i have yet to try

    ReplyDelete
  5. YAY! I'm glad you and your family enjoy it :)
    I originally bought the HUGE size tube for my mom's scary feet and she enjoys it for the none oily stickyness haha.
    I wish their was a lush store near you :( we could be lush-aholics together!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, I know what you mean. ): Those tub containers are the worst. D: I mean, the fact that I have dig my finger in there to get the product out each time...ek! I have this tub of face scrub in the shower and sometimes I forget to screw it back on...= = I wonder if that's why the tub seems endless...I've been trying to get rid of it for a really long time, haha!

    But otherwise, it sounds like a wonderful product...& ooo, a pretty pink. :D I use to wonder why some people have rough feet when I was...say seven. Now I understand because I'm one of those "some people"...I guess "age" does that to you, haha!

    & thanks for your sweet comment on my new blog! I haven't had the time to actually have a blog post...midterms & papers...gah! But yay for book nerds! :D I like holding actual books! No Kindle for me. ^___^

    ReplyDelete
  7. awww its sooo sad how you don't have a lush there!!

    ive never tried this before... most likely will pick it up once im off my spending ban >_< i like the sound of it absorbing quickly... i hate that greasy feeling too!!

    <3

    ReplyDelete
  8. The BFs mom loves this! She has really dry feet. Ahh.. LUSH IS SO GOOD, but why does it have to be soo $$$?!

    ReplyDelete
  9. lol! from first glance I thought it was yogurt! *Sigh* I wish we had a LUSH here.

    ReplyDelete

If you have any questions, comments, or feedback, feel free to drop me a line and I'll get back to you asap :)