Saturday, August 22, 2009

Smashbox emulsion lip exfoliant review

Price: $18 from Smashbox, $9.99 from this ebay seller

What they say: Got cracked, dry lips? EMULSION is the perfect solution for you! This sugar-based, peppermint-infused lip exfoliant is packed with vitamins and soothing conditioners to smooth and soften lips. Poppy seeds and sugar granules gently exfoliate while cocoa and shea butter, grape seed extract and jojoba deeply nourish. Lips instantly feel soft and kissable!

What to do: Apply to clean lips and rub with finger until desired smoothness is achieved, then wipe clean with a tissue. Leave on for 5-10 minutes for extra conditioning. Follow with LIP TREATMENT SPF 15 to protect and heal lips throughout the day.

Ingredients: castor oil, sucrose, soybean oil, beeswax, theobroma cacao seed butter, dimethicone, aloe barbadensis leaf extract, shea butter fruit, jojoba esters, poppy seed, mango seed butter, sweet almond oil, grape seed oil, tocopheryl acetate, retinyl palmitate, peppermint oil, sesame seed oil, avocado butter, spent grain wax, argania spinosa kernel oil, shea butter extract, tetradibutyl pentaerithrityl hydroxyhydocinnamate, phenoxyethanol, propylparaben

The good stuff:
  • Lots of good-for-you ingredients
  • Smells nice/tastes nice & minty
  • Great texture for scrubbing off dead skin
  • Exfoliates lips and preps for lip products
  • Moisturizes and softens
The low-down:
  • Expensive
  • Doesn't seem to work right away
My take: I was glad to find this for half price on ebay since it's so pricy from Smashbox. Overall, I really like this lip scrub since I was looking for a good one. Since Fuz reccommended it in one of her posts, I decided to get it, since it was the least expensive thing she suggested xD The texture is grainy and mushy. It smells like sugar and peppermint (tastes the same). You rub it into your lips so it'll exfoliate off the dead skin, then you can either rub it off with a tissue or leave it on for 10-15 minutes then remove. I do the latter for more nourishing effects. I find that it doesn't work right away at making your lips feel smooth and soft... I've been using it for about a week and it took awhile to be able to see/feel the positive effects; not that this is a bad thing. All in all, I really like this lip exfoliant~

NOTE - don't keep this in direct sunlight/heat! This is practically impossible for me since it's been very hot and humid lately... what can I say, it's Hawaii :P So basically a lot of the sugar granules in mine melted :( Ohh and I'd like to put in a good word for the ebay seller I got this from because the one she sent me had a dented cap and I told her about it and she quickly sent me a new replacement hassle free! A+++ ebay seller right there (:



8 comments :

  1. great review! i got this too after seeing Fuz's review haha..but i haven't really used it yet... will take your suggestion on using it a few times before seeing results!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow! This sounds pretty good. I'll have to go look into this. :) Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never used a lip scrub before. Maybe I'll try making my own sugar scrub instead of buying expensive ones.

    ReplyDelete
  4. sounds like a really good ebayer! great review as always! I just use sugar for exfoliating my lips but this sounds really nice too! ^^

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hiya Erynn!

    Thank you for following! You have a really cute blog. :) What a great Smashbox review!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the review! I would buy this since my lips crack a lot, but sadly since my mom pays for all my stuff, I doubt she would get me that. :(

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for this great review! hehe I'm glad your ebay seller was so nice! XD

    ReplyDelete
  8. oo :o so interesting

    lip exfoliant, thx for reviewing this,

    ReplyDelete

If you have any questions, comments, or feedback, feel free to drop me a line and I'll get back to you asap :)