Sunday, July 18, 2010

NOTD: Blue to Purple Gradient Fade feat. Pure Ice polishes in "Heartbreaker" and "Busted"

Hello loves! Here today to share the nails I'm currently sporting:

I had originally started out with only one color. Pure Ice's "Busted," which is a shimmery lilac with flashes of pink. The thing with this polish is that it is SO SHEER. This is 5 coats and I can STILL see my nail line. No bueno.


I haven't tried Pure Ice polishes before so I don't know how the other colors fare. But out of the 3 I have, 2 are SUPER DUPER SHEER. I had wished they would show up on my nails like in the bottle, but I guess I was hoping a little too much for a $2 polish. They are fantastic for layering over other shades, but on their own; they take way too much time and effort to apply.

So I decided to do a gradient fade with my other very sheer Pure Ice polish in "Heartbreaker."


Heartbreaker is bright blue with flashes of green.


Here you can see the slight duochrome a bit better.
Busted flashes pink, Heartbreaker flashes green. Very pretty.


Have you tried Pure Ice polishes?
Are they worth trying more?


No comments :

Post a Comment

If you have any questions, comments, or feedback, feel free to drop me a line and I'll get back to you asap :)