Thursday, July 8, 2010

Latest MACquisitions from In the Groove: "Jazzed" Cremesheen Lipstick & "On The Scene" Cremesheen glass [Pics + Swatches]

Hello loves! Today I have some pictures & swatches to share with you since I was lucky enough to get first crack at the In The Groove collection at our Macy's MAC counter last night : ) I talked to a really nice guy MUA who was was so kind to let me put some stuff on the side; since I knew I only REALLY wanted 2 things from this collection:

Cremesheen glass in "On The Scene" and Cremesheen lipstick in "Jazzed"
...as usual, I had giftcards, so I only ended up paying $2.50 ;)


...The picture below is a crappy color representation of "On The Scene," it's not that pale. My camera sucks. The second picture (after the lipstick) is true to color.



Jazzed is described as a "Bright coral pink"



On The Scene is described as a "Light coral beige"



SWATCHES
L-R: On The Scene, Jazzed.



And here's some swatches comparing Jazzed to Ravishing, just incase anyone's interested :P ...At first I thought they'd be similar.



But clearly, they are not. Ravishing is darker and much more coral-peach (looks very coral on lips), while Jazzed is lighter (but shows up brighter and bolder on lips) and is pinky-coral. It's a really fun, fresh, summery shade. Very pretty ♥



On The Scene
is pale coral and very sheer. It takes lots of layers for a hint of color to show up but I like that it nicely mutes the pigmentation of my lips for a nude lip look and is VERY shiny and glossy ♥ Not nearly as sticky as I thought it would be... I'm really diggin' Cremesheens / Dazzelglass cremes now. Still not too keen on Lustreglasses after my last unsavory experience with Love Nectar.


LIP SWATCHES
L-R: Jazzed, On The Scene



(maybe) strangely enough, I wasn't all that interested in the fawned-over Stereo Rose MSF, and Petticoat either. Idk if it's just me... but even though the blended shades are nice; the MSFs just look really unaesthetically pleasing to me :P Anywho, I figure our counter doesn't seem to sell out of even LE stuff too quickly, so it'll probably still be there for awhile, if I ever get the urge :P The only other thing I was remotely interested in was their Mineralize Blush Duo in Hang Loose ...because of the lilac shade, of course!

Did you get anything from MAC's In The Groove collection?


No comments :

Post a Comment

If you have any questions, comments, or feedback, feel free to drop me a line and I'll get back to you asap :)