Wednesday, April 15, 2009

What is PA++?

I posted this in my review of ZA's two-way foundation, but I figured I might as well give it a post on its own so I can link it:

WHAT IS PA++?
"PA is a different indicator of protection for the skin. It's usually found after the SPF number. SPF is a sun protection factor of UVB rays. PA is used to measure the protection factor of UVA rays. I don't think they have means of measuring or studying the degree of UVA rays and how quickly they can be absorbed into the skin so they can't numerically tell you how much protection is in them exactly. There are 3 degrees of PA which are PA+, PA++, and PA+++. Of course, the higher the plus, the more protection."

Many asian makeup and skincare products contain atleast PA++.

No comments :

Post a Comment

If you have any questions, comments, or feedback, feel free to drop me a line and I'll get back to you asap :)