What they say: This is a phyto bio-engineering formulation gel for all skin types to reduce both blackheads and whiteheads on affected skin area without painful extraction. This daily maintenance gel also reduces sebum secretion, leaving the skin clear and producing smooth visible results within 10 days of application.
• Controls excessive sebum
• Reduces the formation of blackheads and whiteheads
• Reduces skin inflammatory
• Controls and prevents breakouts
• Increases skin moistures and improves skin elasticity
Phyto Bio-engineering Technology
• The application of engineering principles to address challenges in the fields of plant biology. It applies principles to the full spectrum of living systems. It deals with disciplines of product design, sustainability and analysis to improve and focus utilization of biological systems.
Male Ferm Root Extract
• Reduce skin inflammatory and irritation with its soothing effect. It is able to control and prevent future breakouts on skin. It also helps improve skin texture.
Potassium Azelaoyl Diglycinate
• Has been used to control the secretion of excessive sebum thus decrease the formation of blackheads and whiteheads. It is also helps prevent skin discoloration caused by acne or comedones without over drying the skin. Besides, it also increases skin moistures and improves skin elasticity.
Witch Hazel Extract
• The use of Witch Hazel to disinfect the skin has significantly reduces the presence of bacteria on the face, this reduction limits skin inflammation and the likelihood of acne or comedones developing.
Full Ingredients List
Purified Water (Aqua), Aloe Vera (Aloe Barbadensis) Extract, Witch Hazel (Hamamelis Virginiana ) Extract, Carbomer, Propylene Glycol, Menthol, Poly(Oxy-1,2-Ethanediyl),α-(Donyl Phenyl)-ω-Hydroxy, Sodium Hydroxide, Peppermint (Mentha piperita) oil, Male Fern (Dryopteris filix-mas) Root Extract, Hydrolyzed Milk Protein, Potassium Azelaoyl Diglycinate, Tea Tree (Melaleuca alternifolia) Leaf Oil, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Diazolidinyl Urea.
What to do:
- Light, smooth, liquidy texture
- A little goes a long way
- Slight cooling sensation
- Contains menthol but DID NOT irritate my skin!!!
- Hygenic pump bottle
- Clears up acne as promised!
- Keeps breakouts under control
- Left my skin clear & smooth
- Made my T-Zone oily
- Cooling sensation did sting a bit for me, near my eyes
- The pump is hard to control the amount that comes out
- Results are not always consistent (good and bad)
This light, liquidy gel smooths on easily, and only a little bit is needed to cover a large area. The best thing is, it did clear up my acne within a short period of time (I started using this product when I was having bad breakouts)! It faded my acne and returned my skin to being clear & smooth. But it isn't a "miracle overnight" product, you need to wait to see results! I will say though, the results are not always consistent in regards to the time it takes to clear up acne.
Sometimes, it fades some pimples really quickly (a day--couple days), and other times, it takes a week or so, and sometimes, it does not fade spots completely -- I have two post-acne marks that have not faded completely even though I apply this on them every day. It's not a real big deal to me though, because other than those 2 spots, this product has worked really well for me on numerous other pimples. Also, compared to Neutrogena Rapid Clear Acne Eliminating Spot Gel -- which only works when it wants to! Grrr! -- this product actually lives up to its claims!
The description also says that it will keep oil under control. Several times, I had applied it to my T-Zone in the morning, but I found that it actually makes my T-Zone more oily/shiny throughout the day, as opposed to not using it at all, and just using setting powder. So now I use it ONLY as an acne spot treatment, and it works rather well that way. I personally do not use it as an oil-control product ATM.
The website FAQ says that the reason this would happen is because "This is part of the healing process which only happens to very dehydrated skin." However, my skin is NOT dehydrated. It is definitely on the oilier side. It also gives the same reasoning in the FAQ section for what I mentioned about the inconsistent results... and recommends additional hydration. I certainly don't want to add moisture to my already oily skin, so I'm not really sure what to make of that :/
The only other things I'd like to note about this product is the price ($51 = kinda up-there), and that although it comes in a hygenic pump-bottle, the pump is a bit hard to control the amount that comes out. For example, I'll want just a little tiny bit to use on one pimple, and I'll try to depress the pump slowly. But not enough comes out. So I'll have to push it a little harder, and then a whole glob ends up coming out. Overall though, this product is an excellent spot treatment!
Would I repurchase/recommend?
I possibly would repurchase this product, but there is alot in the bottle so it'll last me a long time. Again, the only thing really deterring me is the price. But hey, it works, so I guess you're really paying for what you get! Also, it did not help ME with my oily skin, but it might work better for others. Overall, I would recommend it to those searching for new oil control methods, as well as a great acne treatment : )
Disclaimer: this product was provided to me for free, from Cellnique. Please remember that just because it worked for me does not guarantee that it will/won't work for you.
Also, please check out Cellnique Earth to learn more about the impact that paper & bags have on the earth, and how you can go green and reduce, reuse, and recycle!