Thursday, April 29, 2010

Your thoughts on... the origin of your blog name?

Hello loves! I came up with a question since I don't think I've had a "Your Thoughts On..." post in awhile. So, if you have one:

What is the origin of your blog name?
Did you choose it for a particular reason, or just whatever came to mind?
Do you still like your blog name, or do you want to change it?


Some of you may be wondering what the heck { e.motion in: motion; } means. I wrote about this briefly in my "about me" section, but nobody reads those things anyway :P

"emotion in motion" is just a phrase I happen to like. I feel like it adequately sums up my blog because I'm basically writing about anything and everything that I am passionate about... ergo, my emotions, in motion. Is that kinda lame? Lol.

You may also be wondering what is the point of all the { curly braces } 'n stuff. Well, that includes a little of my coding hobby. In this case, making use of elements of css. You can click on the link to read more in-depth about that if you want. There's also a "." separating the e from emotion because of course my name starts with an "E," so I figure I'd throw that in there for flair :P

Here's a quick tidbit from Wiki:
"A style sheet consists of a list of rules. Each rule or rule-set consists of one or more selectors and a declaration block. A declaration-block consists of a list of declarations in braces. Each declaration itself consists of a property, a colon (:), a value, then a semi-colon (;)."

...So therefore, my property is "e.motion in:" and the value is "motion;" And it kind of makes sense, if you think of it in that way, lol. Yes, I am a total nerd and I actually thought out this whole naming process thoroughly because I wanted it to reflect my blog and myself : ) And that's what's up with my blog name! So what about yours?

Care to share the origins of your blog name?


No comments :

Post a Comment

If you have any questions, comments, or feedback, feel free to drop me a line and I'll get back to you asap :)