Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Review: L'Oreal Go 360 Clean Deep Exfoliating Scrub


Price: I got mine for $5.97 from Walmart.

What they say:
- Minimizes the appearance of pore size and refinishes the skin's surface
- Unique formulas reach down deeper to every last pore for a deep,
- Sweeps away dead skin cells for for softer skin
- Easy-to-use scrublet cleanses pore-by-pore

What's in it: Aqua/Water, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Sodium Chloride, Polyethylene, Acrylates Copolymer, Cocobetaine, PPG-5-Ceteth-20, Glycerin, Sodium Hydroxide, Prunus Armeniaca Seed Powder/Apricot Seed Powder, Citric Acid, Benzyl Salicylate, Sodium Benzoate, Salicylic Acid, Parfum/Fragrance

What to do: How To Use The Scrublet: Step 1: Pop-Out. Slide Between Fingers. Step 2: Dampen Surface. Pour It On. Step 3: Cleanse. Pop Back In. Avoid Contact With Eyes. If Contact Occurs, Rinse Thoroughly With Water. If Dryness Or Irritation Occurs, Use Less Frequently.

The good stuff:
  • Inexpensive
  • Smells good!
  • A decent exfoliating scrub
  • Leaves skin feeling clean & smooth
  • Contains salicylic acid for acne
  • The scrublet is what's AWESOME!
  • You can pair the scrublet w/ other cleansers
  • You can store it in the bottle or...
  • the bottom of the handle is also a suction cup; so you can stick it to your sink, shower wall, etc.!

The low-down:

  • The scrub does not leave my skin looking any different
  • Slightly dries out my skin
  • Might be a little rough on sensitive skin

My take: First off, I think this scrub is just decent. The scrublet, however, is a whole 'nother story. But let's start with the scrub:

It's an apricot colored cleanser with little scrubby apricot seed bits and it smells like juicy apricots. If you like fruity scents, you'll probably like this... it smells super good! It lathers well (you need about a dime-sized amount) and leaves my skin feeling clean & smooth. I found the exfoliating particles to be a little harsh on my skin though, so if you have sensitive skin; you might want to be gentle while using this. It also slightly dried out my skin a bit (nothing moisturizer couldn't fix) but did not otherwise break me out or irritate my skin. However, I read a review on this same product by the lovely Angie of Pandaphilia; and it actually irritated her skin quite badly :( So if you have really sensitive skin, you might want to patch-test this product first.

Despite making my skin feel clean and smooth, I don't think it lived up to its claim to "minimizes appearance of pore size."

A close up of the scrub:


Now, on to the scrublet. I LOVE IT. It's just so cute and fun to use! Plus you can pop it back into the bottle for storage. But I've also found that the bottom of the handle is a suction cup. So it easily sticks to the shower wall or near the sink for easier access.


It's very soft, flexible plastic.


Since I don't feel like the scrub it comes with is totally amazing; I prefer to pair using the scrublet with my other cleansers that I know will give me better results (I go between using Skinfood Seaweed foaming cleanser and Kanebo Aloe foaming cleanser). I do feel like it's a lot more effective than just washing your face with your hands... it lathers the cleanser really well, is gentle, and effectively scrubs my skin. Love it!

Would I repurchase/recommend?: I personally would not repurchase this specific cleanser but I do want the try the blue on for sensitive skin though. The pink and green versions of this product contain menthol, which is too harsh for my skin. I also would repurchase this product just to get another scrublet; if mine ever gets all crappy. So I would recommend this product just to get the scrublet so you can use it with your favorite cleansers! However, I read a review by the lovely M.A.C.nunu about a $2 scrublet that you can get from Daiso. I don't think there's anywhere here where I could get one of those scrublets... but if you have a Daiso where you live; I highly suggest you check it out!


The Rundown:

Packaging:
4/5
You can store the scrublet in the bottle! However, the bottle is hard plastic, so it's harder to squeeze it to get the product to come out faster.

Product: 4/5
A decent exfoliating scrub. The scrublet is what it's all about!

Price: 5/5
Good value for the price.

Overall:

[ click here to read about my Review & Rating System ]

No comments :

Post a Comment

If you have any questions, comments, or feedback, feel free to drop me a line and I'll get back to you asap :)